Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: New Jersey/New York/ Pa......Meet...Who is in??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    @ JMNY So what about any member coming from CT & upstate NY ?

Although i want to keep away from any confrontation i must say :

Six flags is right there in jackson city,very close to you and that has been the main issue for northeast members... THEY DON'T WANNA DRIVE TO MEET and is unfair to ask oher members to drive 1,2 or 3 hours and you proposing a location just around the corner.

Again,i strongly propose an upstate NJ or the border of NY,NJ,PA location for all of us

Just as i did in 2009 in rockaway when we meet back then and every one who attended was happy with it.

For those coming upstate NY,CT PA & eastern NY (such as those living in nassau/suffolk counties is a fair distance to drive.

And driving a VX is the best of owning it so.

But is also very important that any upstate NY,CT or PA that is not seriously thinking to meet step up beforehand and say so so the location can be move to a better one for those who really are gonna meet.

Just my $.02 cents contribution
    Dakar was just the begining.

I'd be interested

Why not Bear Mountain State Park....spectaucular views and beautiful natural surroundings. Let's not got to a shopping mall, it's so American, muscle cars go there.

Hey Jheyson....PM and email Moncha AND Anita...seems like something is taking too long to approve your poll...maybe it got lost in cyberspace.

You've done an awesome job of rounding up some VXers, y'all are going to have a great time!
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Gussie

Gussie - let me re-post - my first two paragraphs - which I think you decided not to understand or just bypass.

The great news is that it looks like it is going to happen and we are going to have a meet. There are enough of us in this area that it should be done a couple of times a year. I am looking forward to meeting everyone and seeing other VX's.

So - let's pick the day first - and then lets pick a few spots. We have two options so far - pretty far North. Does anyone have a more centrally located area that they would consider. Again - someone will be really close, but if you are in the middle of the 3 or 4 states...then it is what it is....if you have to drive a little more...that is cool that some VX's can meet and drive together!

Then I gave a suggestion - because they have car shows there - Jackson is called the "gateway to Philly and NY" because both are an hour a way. Also - so far the two suggestions were very far North - this was a South location. I still think somewhere in the middle works best for everyone. I want Long Island people to have an opportunity to come - as well as the 5 boroughs. So someone in that area selected will be close - but we have to drive. The more VX owners that can make it - the better. If we go way upstate and two VX owners are close and 12 VX owners are driving 2 - 3 hours - that makes no sense. If 2 -4 VX owners are driving 2-3 hours and 15 are within an hour or so and now can make it....why not? You know the Metro area is completely different. I think Jheyson is right and this can really be a big meet. I am originally from NY and I know where live now- I am most likely driving...which is fine. But I Just want to try to get as many VX owners as possible.

Two weeks ago I was trying to get to Delaware to meet other VX owners Vendetta and Tom - and Delaware is not close to me.

I already told Jheyshon we would meet if it is further up and we can convoy together.

I also told him he is doing all the work organizing this (even talking to non club members), he should pick the day and probably the site after the suggestions that come in as to what is a nice spot and closest to most owners. Again, someone is driving further - and since I live here...probably me - which is fine.

So - all is cool - but just wanted you to understand what I actually posted.
    Bottom line - looking forward to meeting everyone and I thanks to Jeyshon for working on it.
    Last edited by JMNY : 10/21/2012 at 05:47 AM
    "KILLER BEE" :

Thumbs up Hi Sue!!

Hello Sue,

I was not able to PM Moncha and Anita , but I will do it soon.
    I was waiting for the confirmation, but I have not seen anything yet. Thanks for
    your words ,and I wish you live close ,so you could join us...=p

Have a great day, and I will Pm you soon about a part that I need for my
    mother's VX.
    Thanks,Sue

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    Hey Jheyson....PM and email Moncha AND Anita...seems like something is taking too long to approve your poll...maybe it got lost in cyberspace.

You've done an awesome job of rounding up some VXers, y'all are going to have a great time!

I'm interested! I'll go minus VX,not on road yet.

Thumbs up Good to know

Great Bigblock...

Quote Originally Posted by bigblock8396375 View Post
    I'm interested! I'll go minus VX,not on road yet.

Quote Originally Posted by blacksambo View Post
    Why not Bear Mountain State Park....spectaucular views and beautiful natural surroundings. Let's not got to a shopping mall, it's so American, muscle cars go there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]the 2nd mouse gets da cheese

Thumbs up ..Garden State..

....This is how things are in the Garden state so far ....

1:Bumblebe(East Brunwswick, NJ)...interested

2:JMNY( Jackson NJ)...interested

3:Enma Vx (Ridgefield,NJ)...need to call

4:Jheyson(2vxs).....interested X2

5:Angeno( saddle river,NJ)....interested

6:Thru da Lungs(Riverdale , NJ )...interested

7:ebony vx in (Tenafly)..... I have to go to his house to
    ask.

8:Lifted foxfire vx (Tenafly)....I have to go to his house to ask.

9:Otto( North Brunwswick, NJ)...waiting for e-mail reply

10:GregWVU (Boonton, NJ)....interested

11: There is an 99 Ebony in Fort Lee ,too but I have not talked to the owner yet since I lost his phone number , but if I run into him , I would definitely tell him.

...If i didn't mention a member in NJ who is interested in the meeting, please speak up , so we can have a clear perspective about choosing a fair location for everybody....

We have some good ideas about places...we just need to decide.

...I will try to do the list of New York soon....

I'm in. Are we still committed to either 11/3 or 11/4? If so, 11/4 would be less of a challenge, but 11/10 or 11/11 would be much better. If that's not an option, then forget I mentioned it.

I'd greatly prefer a natural setting like BMSP over a shopping mall, but we should plan for both just in case the weather doesn't cooperate. Something with a parking garage would be ideal as a backup plan so we could gather in the middle decks.

Also, will there be any wrenching, tweaking, etc. going on? I can help with HID headlamp conversions and LED exterior lighting replacements (will post elsewhere with complete part numbers from V-LED) - neither of which are exactly rocket science, but still... Also IAC valve cleaning which often solves high idle issues, and some other pretty basic stuff.

-V
    -VI VX VNIVERSVM VIVVS VICI-

Quote Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
    I'm in. Are we still committed to either 11/3 or 11/4? If so, 11/4 would be less of a challenge, but 11/10 or 11/11 would be much better. If that's not an option, then forget I mentioned it.

I'd greatly prefer a natural setting like BMSP over a shopping mall, but we should plan for both just in case the weather doesn't cooperate. Something with a parking garage would be ideal as a backup plan so we could gather in the middle decks.

Also, will there be any wrenching, tweaking, etc. going on? I can help with HID headlamp conversions and LED exterior lighting replacements (will post elsewhere with complete part numbers from V-LED) - neither of which are exactly rocket science, but still... Also IAC valve cleaning which often solves high idle issues, and some other pretty basic stuff.

-V

A workshop seems a great addition. "All-Terrain World Tourers" (JDM for VX) need not fear the weather, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post

-V
    Please please please. I would so much appreciate all of the above stated workshop and help getting my rough ride in good standing with the rest of y'all!!! I still think my idea of the Delaware Watergap where all three states meet would be a great idea. And for us New Yorkers we could sneak into New Jersey and fill up our gas hogs for the trekback :-) Anyhoot Nov 4 sounds good for me and im in no matter where it's decided to meet as long as it's under 2 hour ride!

@ JMNY

Say no more.... I gotcha

Lightbulb

We need to nail this down so that everyone can plan and map it.

After spending a while doing aerial views on Google maps, I found what I hope is an acceptable location for everyone.

SUNNY: Flat Rock Nature Center in Englewood, NJ. Lots of green and likely a warm palate of autumnal hues as well, should provide awesome scenery. Plenty of hiking trails to wander afterwards if you're into that. Might want to bring a camera.

RAINY: Riverside Square Mall in Hackensack, NJ. Plenty of covered parking; if we get there early enough we can probably cordon off a far corner of a lower deck in the garage. And anyone looking to get a jump on holiday shopping (yeah, I said it) can spend the remainder of the day at the mall.

They're near to each other and hopefully enough of us that it makes sense. (98.1 miles, 2 hours 4 minutes from where I'll be coming that morning.)

Sunday November 4th at what, 8am? What say you?!

-V