Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Thread: New Jersey/New York/ Pa......Meet...Who is in??

So

We are set for 8:00am on Sunday November 4th.
    We just have to confirm the location soon.
    Sounds like we are going to have a nice turnout!
    "KILLER BEE" :

Not spoil the enthusiasm, but 8AM? If we have to go to the Newark Airport area from our house North of Albany we'll have to leave at 5AM??? (Sounds more like work than a hobby meet.) Can we start a little later perhaps, and go into the mid-afternoon with the festivities. I know we all don't really have any experience, as a group, with this type of thing, and it's kind of ad hoc, but let's allow for some flexibility timewise and try to enjoy ourselves. That's all we ask. We look forward to meeting you all and sharing some espirit de corps, on November 4th, where ever it takes place.

8 am is just too early.

I say 10:00 to 11:00 to allow some time to sup a hot cup of coffee,please !!!
    Dakar was just the begining.

It's a get there when you can sort of thing. (Wherever "there" ends up being.) No points for showing up early, no penalty for getting there later. But it there are any other early risers out there, we can get a jump. Also, if there's any wrenching happening, it's better to start early 'cause things always take longer than you budget for.

-V
    -VI VX VNIVERSVM VIVVS VICI-

What about where we had the last meet in 09.... Rockaway NJ? it's right off rt 80 about 25 mins from the GWB ...or Liberty State Park... or High Point State Park? or ....??? Time doesn't matter to me and the 4th is perfect!

Gussie ... I thought you sold your VX? .. we had a good time in 09

I'm looking to swap my 22's for a smaller rim with more rubber... I have my stock 18's that I would be willing to trade for something also... I have a rear seat too if anyone is interested....

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by thru da lungs View Post
    What about where we had the last meet in 09.... Rockaway NJ? it's right off rt 80 about 25 mins from the GWB ...or Liberty State Park... or High Point State Park? or ....??? Time doesn't matter to me and the 4th is perfect!

Gussie ... I thought you sold your VX? .. we had a good time in 09

I'm looking to swap my 22's for a smaller rim with more rubber... I have my stock 18's that I would be willing to trade for something also... I have a rear seat too if anyone is interested....
    No man i didn't honestly doubt i will sell it.

I am with you about rockaway,is a great location and accessible for those members coming from upstate NY,CT and PA.

Just a quick thought folks... i know we have a lot of members coming from NJ, but NY is quite a bit larger. I know some are coming from out on Long Island as well as up past Albany. So as to not to deter those further away, Could we do this somewhere along the state lines? I'm only in the Catskills so it's not too far for me to go into NJ, But I'm having others in mind... How about the Palisades Mall? parking garage if needed? Or the Montvale NJ rest area accessible from both directions off the Garden state pkwy? Of the Mahwah NJ/ Suffern NY area?? BTW my rides not lookn/doing to good, I'd almost be embarrassed to bring her if it weren't for how passionate and helpful some of you members have been! The wife keeps telling me we should trailer the parts car and have a pick and pull. lol But either way I'm really looking forward to watching and learning.. And drooling
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]the 2nd mouse gets da cheese

Speaking of which, if I am able to attend and there's a part that someone's in need of i.e. roof rack, interior etc. IM me offer and I'll see what I can do. Although I have front end damage she still starts right up and I'd like to keep it that way so I can move it around until I need engine parts or possibly sell it.

I have a site suggestion a long the lines of Catskilljay here. How about near the Tappan Zee Bridge? In particular The Rockefeller Estate--- Kykuit. Historic Hudson Valley has offered me their Library parkiing lot at 639 Bedford Road, and access to their building for the day. This also means that those interested can go down the road a little ways and board a shuttle bus and for $28.00 each tour the vast Rockefeller property overlooking the Hudson River along with a look into their car barn and antique vehicles.

Minimally, this site is close to the city and still away from the commercial hub bub of the suburbs. It gets the Vehicross in touch with nature and provides a secluded yet potentailly entertaining spot for visitors of all tastes. What do we think?

IDK about $28 for a bus tour?? no wonder they're the Rockefellers lol... but im cool w/checkn out that spot if agreed w/members?? but be aware I know traffic can be a beotch n backed up for miles in n around the Tapp. i deal w/it every sun. that was one of the reasons i was suggesting more west of of 87..

So can we find a natural spot West of 87?

I should be able to make it..But my VX has brake problems not sure if I can fix by then..Tony

Getn quiet on here, so what's everybody thinkn??

Kykuit. Historic Hudson Valley sounds good and if there's a covered parking garage nearby to handle the rain contingency, even better. Distance-wise, I'm good with it (little over 100 miles). Much more and I'm gonna have to catch you all next time someplace closer. Driving 200+ miles like for the last meet'n'wrench in MD can't be a monthly thing for me.

Just need a consensus already so people can commit or back out.

Okay. No crime here in making suggestions. Is there a spot near the NY/NJ boarder that can accomodate approx. 20 VX's, no matter in doors or out? Perhaps one of the shopping malls, rest stops, etc.? Let's just target a spot, any spot. It's more important that we have a meet, than where it takes place. Thank you, just name it and we'll all appear, Simple.