Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Lifted 2 VX in one day.

OK I finally got to crawl under the VX and get the pic's. My driveway is not exactly flat or level. That being said I think that the difference from one side to the other is due to the tilt of my drive way. either way if you split the difference then I have gained 2 inches of lift from the spacers
    Last edited by arcobarco : 11/15/2012 at 07:07 PM Reason: add pic.

Quote Originally Posted by arcobarco View Post
    OK I finally got to crawl under the VX and get the pic's. My driveway is not exactly flat or level. That being said I think that the difference from one side to the other is due to the tilt of my drive way. either way if you split the difference then I have gained 2 inches of lift from the spacers
    It was actually the INSTALLED height of the coil spring that I needed.
    3" suspension lift, shocks: Rancho 9000, tires 33"x11.5", wheels 16"x8", offset= 0, no front sway bar

Uh oh. Well I can get that as well, but the spring sits in the spacer a little more than the spring coil width. I will see if I can get a good picture tomorrow when the sun is up and I have better light.

Uh oh. Well I can get that as well, but the spring sits in the spacer a little more than the spring coil width. I will see if I can get a good picture tomorrow when the sun is up and I have better light.
    Just need a measurement, picture is good too though.

Its really pretty easy to get the measurement from the very back of the car. I got these measurements from the right side.

It looks like I have almost 1 foot with the spacer, so take 2" off of that. I checked my stepdaughters VX and she has a 1" spacer and is 1" shorter than I am for the same measurement.

from your picture you appper to only have 10" lift. you need to get the spacer. I don't know why you dont have at least 12" that is a 2" lift and for a 3" lift you would have 13". sounds like you have a non lift lift. I'd go to the place it was purchased and ask for my money back. I thought from you pic's that your VX looked a little low for 3". I still need to get bigger tires to fill up my empty space and am not in a hurry till I finish getting the Body lift finished. That will give me plenty of room for the size of tire you are running. I happen to have 265/70/16's right now but could easily go bigger. I just want to wait till It's at the height I am happy with. I have thouhgt about the diff drop like VXorado and I really like the look of his VX. I dont think I want to go as high as his VX is.
    Last edited by arcobarco : 11/17/2012 at 04:14 PM Reason: typo

99 Matte Midnight Sand Met... oh nevermind. VX #0377...Project ZU
    I have thouhgt about the diff drop like VXorado and I really like the look of his VX. I dont think I want to go as high as his VX is.
    Hey Jerry,

You have three VXes now, you might as well slap 35s on one of them.

It looks like I have almost 1 foot with the spacer, so take 2" off of that. I checked my stepdaughters VX and she has a 1" spacer and is 1" shorter than I am for the same measurement.
    Thanks for your help!! Its really appreciated.
    Little Beast has some 2" spacers, I'm checking to see how much he wants for them. That should give me a total spring height of 12.5" same as the OME 912's.
    Last edited by Maddawg : 11/17/2012 at 05:05 PM

That should put you where you want to be and take care of the tire rub.
    VXorado has the spacers on his rig but before he had the OME springs and did'nt like the way that they kept the VX suspesion from flexing. I would agree on principal and that is why I went that way also. I wnat a flexy drive train when I'm off road.

And yes the family is looking into one of the 3 VX's having much larger tires. Mine of course. I only have a few colors to go before I have tem all.

You're living proof that you can't have too many VX's. I'd buy another for spare parts but I don't have any parking spaces left, lol.

That should put you where you want to be and take care of the tire rub.
    VXorado has the spacers on his rig but before he had the OME springs and did'nt like the way that they kept the VX suspesion from flexing. I would agree on principal and that is why I went that way also. I wnat a flexy drive train when I'm off road.

And yes the family is looking into one of the 3 VX's having much larger tires. Mine of course. I only have a few colors to go before I have tem all.
    Wow, 3 VXs$$$$ now.....all kinds of mod$....all kinds of tip$....all kinds of discussion$.....all kinds of pic$.....all kinds of help from this forum.......
    You're goin' need wwwaaaayyyyy more space for pics and PMs! You get a ton more space for both if you're a site supporter, you may need that....
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

the 3rd one is my step daughters. It has a new rebuilt engine and I helped her pick it up Friday from the shop.
    This one was purcased from crager34 It is the 2000 Kaiser w/175,000.
    She is excited to be driving her own VX instead of borrowing her moms.
    And YES I now can spend more $ because she will need some help with things, but Darryn took good care of the VX it does need some work but show me one that dosn't, that is other than yours.

Maddawg,
    Make sure you keep the existing spring spacer that is already on your VX and put the new 2" spacer in with the OEM or you will loose the small amount of spacing you get with it in. you, may not want it so you could just leave it out. When you get it in post pic's I would like to see the difference they make.