Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: disney buys lucasfilm

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112 View Post
    I read on the internet that acting off world contributes to rapid weight gain & aging...

^

i'll leave this here...

Quote Originally Posted by Dumke View Post
    I knew Lucas was thinking of stepping down after his disgust with Hollywood and the whole Redtails debacle but I didnt think he would sell it.
    I've also read some quotes from Lucas essentially saying it just "wasn't worth it" any more. Too many fans have their own unattainably high expectations that there is no way he could make "anybody" happy. He seemed bummed out that so many were constantly beating him up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumke View Post
    As for worrying about show being in Disneys hands. They bought Marvel from Stan Lee for 4.1 billion a few years ago and they havent messed up on those yet.
    I've been trying to remember where I heard Stan Lee talking about Marvel being sold to Disney. (I think it might have been on a Nerdist podcast.) Anyway, Stan said being a part of Disney was a GREAT thing. Not only did they have financial power and stability, they were incredibly respectful of the source material which made for an excellent collaboration.

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask View Post
    There was a time when Disney made great movies.....there was also a time when Lucas made great movies....both of those times have passed.
    Another good comment I read lately - When Star Wars first came out in '77 it was unbelievably, over-the-top high-tech - a complete sensation. Today we see the same level of amazing special effects on TV shows and we're jaded. Now that the playing field is so level, the ONLY way to succeed is STORY and CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT. If Disney doesn't nail that - the franchise won't be anything special. Hopefully they can add something to the original magic.