Quote Originally Posted by ZEUS View Post
Nice progress! Was the radius arm approach required to get the maximum up-travel vs. a 3-link? Or were there other clearance issues at all? Short wheelbase with a 2-link front suspension tends to unload on hills. I'm curious because it was a compromise I was willing to live with myself until I found more room for a third link on my Blazer build.
Excited to see some flex shots!
Based on several Isuzu builds I researched, the 3 link setup always ended with a taller ride height vs the radius arm. The Isuzu frame is tricky because it seats the engine pretty shallow compared to most other SUVs. For instance, someone had mentioned notching the frame to fit the histeer but when I looked into that option I found the front oil pan sticks down an 1" below the frame.

Additionally, there are two great radius arm builds on the planet and really liked the end result. For the geometries, it seemed to be an easier to tackle when working on a garage floor.

...as for unloading, it has been a concern of mine BUT I have a trick up my sleeve to prevent it.