Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
We did a SAS on my buddies Rodeo race truck, which is pretty much the same as the VX. We went with the Toyota steering box on his. The steering shaft was the same and in his case the hoses threaded right on. We had to modify the pitman arm by straightening is some and had to clearance the frame a bit. The setup works quite well actually.
That's good to know. I had read a post on Pirate a while back that the threads where different and new lines would need to be made. I have the ZU box mounted now which was a bit of challenge because it had to be move forward a bit. I will play around with my old box for tapping hole to add hydro assist. If it doesn't work out, I may refab the steering for a tapped toyota gearbox + hydro assist.

Quote Originally Posted by ZEUS View Post
Sounds to me like a winch-attached-down-travel-limiter (TM)! What you are describing is exactly what I was running up against on my build also. Lots O Fun! Things get tight really quick...
Nope, not a winch. It will be part of the spring suspension.

Things are tight, finding a spot for the track bar is tricky. I think I might run it in reverse at the same angle as the draglink.