Thread: Isuzu Mechanic in Minneapolis/Saint Paul

Wrench Isuzu Mechanic in Minneapolis/Saint Paul

Hello Fellow VX'ers,

Does anyone here know of an Isuzu mechanic in the Twin Cities who can do left and right cv axle replacements including the races? I have the axles but don't have the tools or enough know how to attempt this myself. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Ariastwin

The Vx has a normal setup for the front end and axle, same as rodeo, amigo etc. Some shops will send off axle to a machine shop or speciality shop. Our axles were overhauled by a speciality shop (drop off) and then returned to the mechanic who re-installed them.

As for a shop.... Here in CO. at least two of the old Isuzu Dealers (still open selling others) will still service Isuzu's. At one of the dealers I went to, the shop manager had been there since they serviced the Zu's.

Life is better when you go Topless

Thanks VxSport. I was able to find remanufactured axles and took it one mechanic who, after looking at my truck, quoted my 500.00 for the install but then decided he didn't know what he was doing and told me he couldn't do the job. So now I'm looking for a shop that will do the install using my parts since it took me 2 weeks to find the driver's side axle.

I could consult with you about how to do it, but I have zero interest in helping drop another front axle.

I do know that this place http://www.smithautoimports.com/ has a first gen Trooper parked out in front...maybe they know what is involved but I have had no dealings with this shop, but it might be worth a call.
    95 Trooper with a buncha stuff nobody here cares about...

Quote Originally Posted by ariastwin View Post
    I have the axles but ...
    Don't keep us in the dark. Where did you source those axles from???

Believe it or not, the job isn't that complicated ... just time consuming & DIRTY!!!

If you print out the instructions here on the forum, & take it to several Mom & Pop shops, you'll be able to find one that's willing to do it. I was able to find a couple in my area but ended up doing it myself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

The Foreign Service
    Import Auto Repair
    1746 Terrace Drive
    Roseville, MN 55113
    (651) 635-0395

www.theforeignservicemn.com

I have never dealt with the shop above but when I checked out my brother's crapped out Mini at their shop last month one of the senior mechanics immediately recognized my Vehicross out front. We chatted for a minute and he apparently used to work at an Isuzu dealership. Feel free to give them a call and see what they say.

Thank you all for the great responses. I found an Isuzu mechanic who is going to do the work for me this week. I'll let you know how it turns out. As for where I found the drivers side axle.......drum roll please....... O'Reillys Auto will special order the axle with or without the races, the part numbers are 8011 or 8021. Be warned it took me two weeks for the guys at my local store to finally get it ordered through their corporate contacts and have it shipped to the store. Please don't attempt to call them and order it over the phone as you will have to purchase the part before they will order it. I would ask that you all wait for me to have the part installed to make sure it fits with no issues. I'll keep you all posted.