Thread: Alarm Program Shift

Alarm Program Shift

OK....I have the alarm manual. Have looked all over it. Am sure the fix is probably there....but I can't seem to find it.

For some reason my alarm has suddenly reprogrammed itself such that now both doors will unlock at the first push of the remote. The second push still gets the three flashes like always....but since the right door is already unlocked, nothing else happens.

How do I reset the alarm to unlock in the proper order?

.....sT
    What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about?

Sounds like maybe your passenger door relay is stuck or bad. Basically the passenger door relay is a "preventer" switch that prevents the door from unlocking on the first click. If its unlocking on the first click then its probably stuck or not working properly. I'm not sure if resetting the alarm would work, but most have said disconnecting the car battery for 10-15 min will reset it.

Where is the relay located? Fuse panel?

....sT

Yeah, its below the fuse panel. There are about 4 of them located inside of a hole in the body. You'll need to pull them out. The one for the passenger door has 2 light green/black wires, 1 orange wire and 1 light green/white wire. I think it is the only relay that has a round backside, I believe the others are square. It ofcourse could be somthing else, but maybe the mechanic can check the relay to make sure its ok.

Mr. Templar - that relay is actually on the right (passenger side) of the car behind the kick panel under the dash. There's a hole into the inner fender, and it's a round thing that looks like a turn signal flasher unit. Mine was wrapped in a grey foam material. It's the only one in that hole. The CD manual wiring diagram shows that piece as being behind the driver's kick panel, but it's not - at least not on mine! (a 2001)

Really? I just got done rewiring the door popper and the relay I was referring to "remote entry" passenger preventer relay was definatlly on the driver side under the Fuse Panel. Hmm, I thought we had this same "passenger" vs. "driver" question when we discussed the rear popper

BTW, Raque did you figure out anyway to make the remote popper button work all the time? I'm looking to put in the fuzzy hole button, but I'd rather it actually work when the truck is in park/off and the keys out. Right now it wont pop when not on/started

Omega - I did finally get mine wired the way I want it, this is how it works now:
    key out of ignition, second press of button on remote opens the hatch. Key in or out, but car not running - door unlock button on doors opens the hatch. All the time, button in glove box opens hatch. I faxed the diagram to someone (Can't remeber who) and they posted it for me in the thread where we were discussing this. Let me know if you can't find it on here, and I'll find it or fax the diagram to you. Good Luck!

I just checked back - it was YOU I sent the diagram to! I have great memory, but damn it's SHORT! Did you not get yours to work this way? Let me know if I can help!
    Last edited by Raque Thomas : 10/24/2003 at 11:04 AM

I wired mine according to your diagram and here is how it works.

Popper Button - only works when key is in ignition
    Remote Fob - works on second click of remote
    Door Buttons - works when key is not in ignition

For some reason my popper button wont pop the whole time, it will only pop if the key is in the ignition otherwise I have to use the door unlock buttons. This isn't bad, but I'm considering adding the fuzzy hole bezel and trunk switch and want it to work all the time otherwise it is kind of pointless to put it in and only have it work when the car is started/running.