Sleeping on an issue sometimes brings clarity...I recall this morning something my dad did to free sticky rings in our '64 Comet with great results. It was burning oil and he knew it was getting past the rings 'cuz it even smoked a little after warm-up, so one Friday night after mom got home he pulled the plugs and poured Marvel Mystery Oil in each cylinder and then turned the engine over a few times by hand and shut the hood 'till Sunday afternoon. He reinstalled the plugs and fired it up, let it build oil pressure and then reved the hell out of it; man did that thing smoke! After about five minutes of idling and occasional reving he took it out with me and "burned the carbon out". No more smoking Comet, the MMO freed-up the rings and they did their job for the next couple of years until my older brother got the car and proceeded to wreck it much to our father's dismay...Now, would that trick work on our oft-times fouled-ringed little V6's? Can't see how it could hurt to try, it dissolved whatever gunk was sticking the rings in that old Ford. In hindsight, and with what I've learned since all those years ago, I'm sure the ring-lands were carboned-up and the Marvel dissolved that carbon. Sounds like a familiar situation, hmmmmmmm... Anybody care to give it a shot?