Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Update on the LittleBeast, not good news.

Ryan,

I can sympatize. Hope situation starts improving for the both of us.

Tom
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

So, I think the shop is going to do most of the re-rebuild no charge. I went ahead and purchased a new water pump from Isuzu, so I know they will put that in for me, but I am trying to have them put new bushings on the front differential to frame mounts while the engine is out, much easier to replace this way then dropping the front diff.

Glad to hear they are doing you right!
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Goodwill is good advertising.
    Gregg
    2001 Proton Yellow #1379

But...but...but....How are you going to change the title of this thread!

2001 Ebony VX and 1989 Custom 383 Corvette

Alright so shop says LittleBeast might be ready for pickup sometime tomorrow. We will see. They installed a new waterpump I bought from Merlin (just under $180) and a new thermostat, and they pulled the engine and resurfaced heads. Once I pick it up I think I am going to take it to my mechanic and have him install new front wheel bearings and replace front diff mount bushings so I feel like at least something got done other than getting me back to square one.

Kinda sounds like someone forgot to torque the head bolts properly if at all.
    3" suspension lift, shocks: Rancho 9000, tires 33"x11.5", wheels 16"x8", offset= 0, no front sway bar

Quote Originally Posted by LittleBeast View Post
    Alright so shop says LittleBeast might be ready for pickup sometime tomorrow. We will see. They installed a new waterpump I bought from Merlin (just under $180) and a new thermostat, and they pulled the engine and resurfaced heads. Once I pick it up I think I am going to take it to my mechanic and have him install new front wheel bearings and replace front diff mount bushings so I feel like at least something got done other than getting me back to square one.
    As *I* always say when I step outta the massage parlor - "I LOVE a happy ending!"

Quote Originally Posted by LittleBeast View Post
    I never had the temp gauge or idiot light come on at all.

I went back to the shop today. Shop manager said he pulled the motor already, and the head gasket is blown, but they do not know why. So this leads me to believe that it did not overheat or they would have just said so I think.
    I'd put my money on the part I've marked in bold. My guess is that they actually DID know why, were only SAYING they didn't, and are using that plausible denial in tandem with going ahead and rebuilding the engine as a way of saving face. They've not actually admitted to any mistakes, but the fact that they're rebuilding your engine again makes it seem pretty clear that they know some sort of mistake was made during the rebuild. (Then again, maybe I've become a tad overly skeptical in my old(er) age, and possibly see plots sometimes where there actually are none.) Or not.

If that's what's happened, there's obviously no use in suggesting it now and taking the chance of putting the shop back on the defensive, so if this second rebuild goes well and you're both satisfied with the new outcome (and billing)...like it's always suggested, some things are simply better left unsaid (especially since I could also be totally wrong in having suggested that the engine failed because of an error on the part of the shop in the first place).

Whatever the case, sounds like things are headed back in a direction that will allow an acceptable outcome for both parties, so I hope that progress continues.

Nope, I think you're right on. They screwed up.

I know they should make it right and maybe try calling the local news channel or news paper to get involved. But worse case, don't sell it. Get a 3.2 and drop in it