Thread: Update on the LittleBeast, not good news.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Update on the LittleBeast, not good news.

So a few hundred miles after the complete rebuild of the 3.5L I noticed a small amount of coolant on the ground, so I took it back in and they said the water pump went bad. I tried to say that the chances of my 6 month old water pump going bad a couple of weeks after a rebuild and it not having anything to do with the rebuild is low. But they just gave me some stop leak to patch it up for now. I put that in and then about a week later I noticed water coming out the tailpipe, so I take it back over there and they said that there is no coolant in the radiator and the head gasket is probably blown and it probably over heated. If it overheated they said my 3 year warranty is voided and all repairs will be my responsibility.

They said they would look at it the next week and they would call me tues or wed and it is now the Sat after with no call.

I talked to another store manager and he said that since they took 5 weeks to rebuild and left the thermostat lying around and did not replace the $20 thermostat but put the old original one back on that the thermostat stuck and caused the seals in the new water pump to go bad and therefore caused overheating and to blow the head gaskets.

Regardless the shop manager said since they did not replace the thermostat they are not responsible for it going bad or the damage done by a faulty part. I know this is not right and to make me liable for their short sight on not replacing a 160,000 mile thermostat with a new $20 one is just wrong.

I will wait until they call me back and I am going to go talk with the owner, but I do not have a good feeling about this, and I had the means to pay for one rebuild, but I cannot pay for 2, so this may be the end of the LittleBeast.
    Last edited by LittleBeast : 01/12/2013 at 10:45 PM