Hey guys! I bought a 2001 Vehicross back in October, and to be honest have been putting on joining this forum, although I have lurked since I owned it. I live in the Hudson Valley in NY.

Recently I have had an issue. It's difficult to describe, but i'll do my best.

From park to drive, it may/may not actually engage. It feels like the transmission does, but nothing out of the transfer case. if it doesn't i have to rev it up to 3k+ to get it to start moving then it sorta lumps into "gear" and drives like normal until about 14mph when the light turns on and may/may not disengage and rev like crazy for a moment because its unexpected. If it does that you have to wait until it lumps again into gear. It will do it again when shifting from first to second, and also when torque settings change (changing to a heavy incline, etc). It's very irritating. It has not once thrown a check engine or a check TOD light.

It did it to me once before a few weeks ago but only for a day, and it did through a light on the TOD. Didn't happen again under any circumstance until a few days ago.

It should be noted it has been wet out both times this has happened. I took out both sensors on the TOD and air dried them and pack them full of electrical grease to no avail. All the tires are within 1psi.

I have a video of the operation I am describing that I will be putting on youtube for you guys soon.

Any tips? I'm excited to own the Vehicross and becoming an active member of the forums!

Vincent Carcaramo