Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete View Post
Rado...have you tried Ballistic fab or Stinky fab? Don't know that they will be cheaper but worth a shot. Both do very nice quality stuff. Shipping may be the killer though...Ballistic is in Az and Stnky in Cal.
The funny thing is, I happen to be on Stinky Fab's website the other day and noticed the tab for "custom fabrication." Thought about it but i'm sure shipping would be spendy.

The water jet shop will be the best deal I'm going to get. A friend of mine goes though the shop frequently for big jobs and should get a nice discount for that reason. Also, he offered to draw everything spec'd for the water jet, so the cutting should be very easy for the shop.

Bigmeat did an awesome job pricing these at $300. He said he had access to a machine shop and I assume that's how he kept the price low. I wish I could do the work myself but it requires thick cutting, a lathe & mill. That's why I'll probably throw in the towel if this last quote is high. I'll still finish my kit (only needs the centerlink) and setup Eric's kit for the new pin but that will be it. Additionally, I'll post all the specs and drawing to help anyone in the future.

I have a negative outlook on the project now but we'll see. Maybe the last quote will work and the project will be back on track...