Thread: Washed and Waxed this Weekend

Washed and Waxed this Weekend

It got really beautiful yesterday here in Atlanta - very mild, sunny weather with low humidity and temps in the high 50's, maybe low 60s. So I took the plunge and did a super detailed job of washing the Proton. I noticed that the finish looked "dark-and-cloudy" - embedded dirt that the soap and sponge didn't remove. We've been in a drought so long here that I haven't gotten a change to wash the VX as often as I like - think it's been over a year (I've been taking her through the quick-e-washes as the businesses that re-use water have remained open, but apparently they don't do a very good job at all). In any case, I got out my Zaino Bros claybar and went over all the metal finishes - took about an hour - the results are pretty spectacular. Did that yesterday and let her sit in the carport.

Today it was a bit overcast, but managed to get out early and apply the Zaino Bros pre-wax and synth-wax combos. It's really astonishing how much difference it makes - the VX practically glows. Got the windows cleaned and then gave up as it started raining - still need to treat the cladding and finish the interior, but at least she got a good scrubbing.

-- John
    John Eaton
    Original Owner
    2001 Proton Yellow #580
    Atlanta GA

http://wildtoys.com/vehicross/
    http://vehicross.blogspot.com/

"Metaphors be with you"

My favorite story is about doing a major detail on my VX for the first time. Due to all that lower cladding the detail went so quickly that I found myself standing there for a couple minutes trying to figure out what I needed to do next. I was completely finished, but it all happened so quickly because there is SO LITTLE painted surface that I was surprised that the job was done. Every other vehicle I've had has always taken at least twice a long!

.... man i wish i could.... my cladding is looking gray, and silver aint much to wax... unlike red...