Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Getting my new toy Tuesday.

Did the seller mention ever being a member of this site? I saw a few members who'd listed Albany, NY (or at least towns near Albany) as their location in the members list including abel408, Bieredalsace (even listed owning a '99 Ironman at one point), and flavio quattrocchi & FLAVIOVX (most likely the same member).

There were a few other members from the Albany area, but they either had Protons or Ebonys.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by sroy123 View Post
    BTW I am not sure if anyone really cares. But here is the youtube video he took of my Vehicross when he was trying to sell it to me. He seems like a pretty nice guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHNsg...ature=youtu.be

I must have watched it 100 times. I know it frame by frame. I guess I will get to meet it tuesday.
    BUSTED!!!! YouTube counter only says 27 views...lol. Good luck with both your trip & purchase.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"If its fast and reliable, its not cheap;
    if its fast and cheap, its not reliable;
    if its cheap and reliable, its not fast."

If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?

Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger VX'er View Post
    BUSTED!!!! YouTube counter only says 27 views...lol. Good luck with both your trip & purchase.
    he saved the file on his PC ))

Now that was funny. I truely laughed out loud..... when you play them frame by frame it seems like more views. LOL

the truck was from Vermont. It comes with a Vermont title. It has the owner's name on it. I am sure I could look him up. But to be honest...At this point in the game I don't want to incase he has bad news for me. Follow? Just what I need...Another thing to worry about.

BTW...

the wait is KILLING me. I packed all my tools and clothes tonight. I am ready. this reminds me of when I was a kid. I packed 1 week before we went to Disney. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Y33TREKker View Post
    Did the seller mention ever being a member of this site?

Nope, I just checked the VIN #1706 (the most accurate method) on the VX.Info database and it has never been a member here.

Aside from what others have suggested, I recommend performing the "ABS light function test". The ABS idiot light (in red letters) is located near the top of the instrument display, just above the speedometer. To test, first turn the key to ACC and pause (without starting) and the ABS light should illuminate for a few seconds and then disappear. This validates that the "bulb" is installed and working properly. If the ABS light does not illuminate it could indicate a burnt-out bulb or worse-- that the bulb has been intentionally removed on purpose. If the ABS light is "on" continously and does not disappear during ACC key test, then there is a problem with the ABS system and sometimes can be an expensive repair. With a constant "on" ABS light; your brakes will still work, but you won't have the assistance/advantage of the ABS system.

Quote Originally Posted by Riff Raff View Post
    If the ABS light is "on" continously and does not disappear during ACC key test, then there is a problem with the ABS system and sometimes can be an expensive repair.
    For reference, a very affordable option is now available for the ABS. Several of us have recently had a dead ABS module fixed by Automotive Scientific Inc in Tennessee. They charge between $49 - $79 to repair any ABS unit and offer a lifetime warranty on the repair. They "sell" their repair service ebay.
    There's several threads that discuss it, here's one.
    http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...ght=abs+repair

http://www.ebay.com/itm/110784352777...84.m1438.l2649
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

I just went through a long distance VX purchase, only I bought the up the south (it was a NC car) and sadly, I am now exposing it to northeast salt .

So I know all about the wait and antisapation! Only, I ended-up shipping it. I couldn't be happier with my purchase!

Bought mine in New Hampshire

Drove it back to NJ. Was scared, nervous, unsure and more but wanted one badly. Bought it from a member here. Was previously a San Diego/Vegas VX But in NH for 5 years.
    I was nervous about the oil as well after reading about some issues from VX owners but not one problem. The previous owner assured me of no oil issues. She used Mobil 1 as well. I drove her home and smiled the entire way. Still smiling. Love my VX.

There is nothing like it. I am so happy with it and i am sure u will be as well. I am sure you will be fine and feel great when you get home. Good luck!
    "KILLER BEE" :

Well, I made it through the weekend. Just have to make it thru Monday then 9-1/2 hours flying Tuesday. Then the scary part starts.We shall see....I'll post Wed in the evening. Maybe....

I also never saw mine in person before buying. I had it shipped on DAS Auto shippers for $1,000 which was cheaper than any airfare + gasoline + hotels for the 2,300 miles. (Virginia to Arizona)

I live right off I-81 near Roanoke, VA and could help you out (or just meet you for a quick bite) anytime on Wednesday. That afternoon I'm driving north on I-81 for a business trip, so we might actually pass each other. I'll PM you my #'s in case you need anything.

I won mine on eBay via a "sniper shot" during the final 3 seconds of the auction. Like others, I too had it shipped via Dependable Auto Shippers (D.A.S.) for around $800. Since it was a long distance on-line purchase, I additionally used www.Escrow.com (to CYA) which allowed me a 3-day inspection period (to have a certified mechanic check it out) once it arrived in my hands to either "accept it" or "reject it" via Escrow.com. I fell immediately in love with my Proton; it doesn't burn a single drop of oil (I lose more oil checking/wiping the dipstick), and the PO had a electric moon-roof professionally installed in it as well (winner winner; chicken dinner).

Thanks for the support. I love the site. You guys are pretty neat.
    /
    Seeming how this is my first out of state buy I didn't know what to do. But next time (if there is one) I will be a whole lot smarter. I like the idea of Escrow.com. That would have been perfect for this. And I would have gladly paid to have it shipped if it was around $800. Heck, I have $300 in a flight and probably another $300 in gas to get it home. But I assumed it would have been higher. I never checked. My bad...

VX KAT, I copied and pasted this entire message from the exact same word document as before. See if below produces your black diamonds….
    Three dots in a row … and hyphen don’t can’t won’t how about a comma, and a period. Semi-colon; colon: the at symbol@. Let’s see what that produced…

VX KAT

And for good measure... let's see what happens if I directly type something outlike the following:
    semi; can't Won't and three dots... and the and symbol &