Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Getting my new toy Tuesday.

I am not as friggin tired as I was yesterday or this morning. I am going to take a good long look at it after work today. And see if I want to fool with this one or not. I might even spend the weekend looking it over before deciding. The thing that kicks my a** is I knew better. It's just that I couldn't look at it in person and he basically had my money already and I needed a ride home etc... Like I said I really didn't put much of a fight up because at that point I was ready to get on the road and see what was down the road waiting for the next problem. Plus I didn't get to truly see it in the daylight until 7am that morning.
    Did you see the pictures of when they raised the HL Hunley sub from the ocean floor? Well, that looked better than the underside of my truck. Ok, not that bad but still. The rust has rust.
    As far as the paint goes I might be able to get the hood and top resprayed to solve about 85 percent of the other problems. The thing about rust is it just keeps on coming.
    I am going to bring it into work in the morning and let a few co-workers look at it and see what they think too.

Hey and BTW. Rt 81 is crazy at night like VT Maverick says. The semis own the road and it pretty lawless. LOL. Kinda like Mad Max. Hey, Maybe I could turn my VX into a prop from Mad Max. Put a 50 cal on it and chop the top. air powered spear gun....

Sorry to hear about this Scott. Take a look at this thread, it will at least give you an idea of the possible for correcting the rust issue.

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=18749

Sorry to hear all this.
    Here's another thread about repairing undercarriage and body rust. I recall Jolly Roger VX'er and SamNeil2000 both did some repairing.

Here's a thread SamNeil posted about it and one of his pics.
    http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...highlight=rust

VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Me and Hunley (I beleive that will be it's new name) spent a little time together tonight. I did the black plastic with the silicone stuff. It looks pretty. I also wiped "it" down. Ya know, it really isn't that bady body wise. It's just the undercarrage that has me bummed. I will spend this weekend "looking" at it all and try to come up with a plan. I looked at buffy's 10 page resto. that guy did a great job. that is a ton of work. Mine is at least 3 times as rusty. But let me look at it more and see what's what.

thanks guys.

I have a few options I am looking into right now. With a little luck I will be able to fight for some of the repairs. I'll know more in a few days. New York has laws protecting stupid people (me) from themselves.

Scott