Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Cup Holder

A couple of things:

1) I WOULD TOTALLY BUY THAT!

2) If you make it out of regular plastic, those who want the carbon-fibre look can send it to that place to get it coated. I also know a place that metalize it with vapor deposition.

3) It would be good if the cup holders were adjustable in width, maybe there are OEM cup-holders from some other mainstream car that you incorporate into the design with this feature.

4) A change box would be nice, I use the square closest to the handbrake for change.

5) I really like the idea of a hidden compartment or two, maybe underneath one of the cupholders.

6) How about a lighting option to better illuminate the footwells. I'm thinking clear circles, maybe an inch in diameter one on each side pointing out horizontally into the footwells. Then inside wiring and a single 1 watt (or maybe 3 watt) lumileds/luxeon LED.

7. A fold out/down cup holder compartment for the back seats. When its folded up it looks like an ash tray and when it folds down 2 cup holders appear. I have this in the back part of my toyota camry and man does it work really well. I was actually thinking about trying to find a wreched camry and then replacing our stock rear ashtray with one of these units but I'd have to cut a bigger hole in the arm rest. I can get picks if you want but one unit like this would definatlly resolve the whole cup holder issue for both front and back.

OOOOOHHHHHH,

and a spot for a small fridge, to hold 1 or 2 cans, and maybe a microwave.

dont forget a place to store a spare change of underwear and socks.

We just need cupholders all

Originally posted by ScubaSteve
    wouldn't the guy's name be the same in any language...?

"... and no matter where you go, they are still there..."
    no...actually it wouldnt be the same...if he's chinese then he can have a chinese name and an english name for doing business with westerners, like my dad...he goes by two names. so yea...no need to roll your eyes
    How you gonna stop me im ill-literati/ im like an ill-mariachi wit an automatic shotty/ like tony montana to yo body/ now you really dont wanna come and test me/ i spit verbal fusilades im headin crusades/ to weed out all the fakes like it was da salem witch trials/ yo @ss betta run or else you gettin baked at the stake/ and that'll put a smile on mah face/

yep, no need for C/F...but that would be a plus.

Yea....cf would just look nice and clean...but a regular plasitc is fine aslong as it matches with the other plastic in teh car
    ________
    DaemonBabes
    Last edited by MZ-N10 : 09/05/2011 at 02:13 PM

Question

just maybe i might be brave and undertake this with some bondo and fiberglass for the hell of it....

...only problem that comes to mind right now and that is - that my center console gets a bit hot (to say the least). so what would be good to defer that heat from being transfered to the drinks??? ....x

I lined my center console with 1/2" auto insulation that you can buy at any auto store. It keeps the heat out of the arm rest storage area also.

Originally posted by deermagnet
    I lined my center console with 1/2" auto insulation that you can buy at any auto store. It keeps the heat out of the arm rest storage area also.
    Got to get that, so my candy won't melt.
    The Bantan's Relm
    Gallery
    Myspace Page
    "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about the things we care about."

Wink here're some nice cup holders

i found this place where they have some type R cup holders, see if u like.

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/racinglab/inac.html

oh, i ordered three.

I'd probably by Ron's armrest, especially if it had an LCD holder. I'm thinking about putting in a navigation system and an LCD holder would give it a more finished look.
    Grant
    2000 Proton Yellow #756
    "THE UFO"
    Seattle, Washington