Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cup Holder

Cup Holder

anyone interested in a carbon fiber cupholder kinda like the one in the vx02.....my dad knows a owner of a company in china tat produces sinks and tubs and stuff for the bathroom. ill see if i can get him to do a carbon fiber cup holder thing and how much tat will cost for the mold and etc....
    ________
    Web shows
    Last edited by MZ-N10 : 09/05/2011 at 02:12 PM

cup holder

I cut some stryrofoam to fit the square hole, holds 12 oz cans and small to med size fastfood drinks and coffe cups with out spilling any of them or launching them into the dash.

cheap and does the trick

yea but it doesnt have the look of carbon fiber...i just want to know how much it would cost to have a mold and all...if dont one really cares to get it i can always get it custom and all tat good stuff....
    ________
    Web Shows

thought about this this weekend.

where you have the shifter and 4 wheel shift, extend it to the right with 2 cup holders.

here (IM NOT AN ARTIST)

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/sh...papass=&sort=1

but we can try to get Ron to make something

that isnt a bad idea...but i was thinking of having the whole thing remade...and have the cup holders. but tat would work if remaking the whole thing will cost too much.
    ________
    CALIFORNIA DISPENSARIES

Here's a quick sketch that's been in the back of my mind for the longest time. It's not pretty. Just a quick thumbnail sketch of getting the idea out. Once I establish my shop in the new location, I'd like to venture more into making this idea into reality.

I'd like to integrate a possible inset lcd bezel right where the computer cover w/ 3 ribs is located. The whole surface of the console would be in the same level with a subtle sectional curve throughout the length. Then, something similar to the audi tt shifter, have an aluminum ring w/ screws inset where the 4wd shifter would be. And as for the a/t shifter, an elliptical pill shape surface would intersect the surface/side of the console adjacent to the 4wd shifter ring. As you go towards the armrest, two cupholders are integrated on the right side giving way to the e-brake cavity on the left side.

I may have this whole set broken up into 2 or 3 separate sections depending on the final design and engineering.
    For custom VehiCross skidplates and accessories, check out:
    www.aftershockproducts.com

yea tat was basically what i had in mind...only not as complex with the lcd bezel...etc....
    ________
    Glass Pipe Pictures

A few more detailed sketches...

Hey Ron,

Sketches look great. Might I suggest that you make the pieces totally modular, so that if the buyer doesn't want the LCD piece, he can get a part that holds additional gauges instead?

I've always thought that the center console developed for the VX4 might make a neat project. It has a shroud that goes up the console and places a screen at the top:

I would also buy a cover for the passenger airbag if it could be made to blow apart when inflated.

-- Best, John
    John Eaton
    Original Owner
    2001 Proton Yellow #580
    Atlanta GA

http://wildtoys.com/vehicross/
    http://vehicross.blogspot.com/

"Metaphors be with you"

Ron's sketches are basically where the cupholders in my car are. To the right of the handbrake is a good location.

Here's a closer picture of the VX-4 console (I like the LCD mounting also):

-Daver
    -Daver

Nice sketches Ron! I would definitely be interested in that.

Here is another pic of the VX-4 center console:

... and 2 pics of the VX-02 center console (my personal favorite):

Re: Cup Holder

Originally posted by MZ-N10
    anyone interested in a carbon fiber cupholder kinda like the one in the vx02.....my dad knows a owner of a company in china tat produces sinks and tubs and stuff for the bathroom. ill see if i can get him to do a carbon fiber cup holder thing and how much tat will cost for the mold and etc....

can you find out teh guy's name...in chinese or english...my dad probably knows him or does business with him. a section of my dad's company does taht bathroom stuff. i dunno how many people do that ish but im guessing not too many plus my dad's company is pretty big.

just thought it would be interesting if theyre linked somehow
    How you gonna stop me im ill-literati/ im like an ill-mariachi wit an automatic shotty/ like tony montana to yo body/ now you really dont wanna come and test me/ i spit verbal fusilades im headin crusades/ to weed out all the fakes like it was da salem witch trials/ yo @ss betta run or else you gettin baked at the stake/ and that'll put a smile on mah face/

wouldn't the guy's name be the same in any language...?

"... and no matter where you go, they are still there..."
    Do they ever stop looking?

Dosen't even NEED to be Carbon Fiber...

... Heck, if you can make it out of the OEM plastic with the leather grained texture for less money that would be fine as well. i really like the idea, and if you can get this done at a reasonable price I am interested
    NAVIGATOR

Don't forget about the secret "stash" spot, anywhere easily accessible but hidden would be awesome! Wait why the wink, I'm serious!
    2001 Ironman Daily Driver... 3.5" suspension lift (OME912 springs and 1" spring spacer), ball joint flip, 1.5" front diff. drop, 33"x12.5 TrXus MT, 16x10 Eagle Alloy rims, Interceptor, PV muffler, K&N air filter, Alpine Supercharger, Bilstein shocks, and some trimming.

2000 Ironman Project LS-1 VX... very slow progress but someday....... ohhhhh someday......