I have 228,000 miles on my '99 VX as of today. All of those, but approximately 28,000 are my own.

Tonight while wrapping up an oil change, I discovered that after putting in 5qts of oil, starting it, and then letting it sit for a few minutes... that when I checked it; it registers about 1/2 way between the ADD & FULL line on the dipstick!

I've always thought it took 5qts, but looked it up tonight and discovered that with a filter change, it should take 4.2 or 4.3 depending on where you look. So I'm trying to figure out why after putting in 5qts and checking it, it still shows as 1/2qt low. I'm wondering if my dipstick is too long. (Let's be adults here...) haha Total oil required to get to the full mark ended up being 5 1/2 qts. I used an Amsoil Ea15K20 Filter, which is the same size as the Driveworks filters that I've been using up to now... which isn't an extra capacity filter as far as I know.

I'd appreciate it if some of you could measure yours and let me know what you have, so I can compare it to mine. Mine is 26 7/8" from the tip to the bottom edge of the rubber cap that contacts the dipstick tube when installed.

Thanks in advance!