Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Update Hot Shot Order!

Now thats interesting....Weapon R

Anyone have any feedback about these?

The link didnt work for me, but if you go to:

http://www.nopionline.com

and pick izuzu and 1999 you will find the intakes.....

ANYONE PREFER TO GO THIS ROUTE?

they liast them as $216.00 before shipping!!!!

Hey "colmhd",
    If you can help us all that would be great!!
    You would need to get your VX to "Irwindale, CA"
    Are you close enough to do that?
    He only needs your VX for a few hours to measure.
    BTW....SC VX refers to supercharged VX
    Thanks...please let us all know...YOU MIGHT BE OUR ONLY HOPE!!!!!

Hey "colmhd", can you help us???

I'm reposting this note to you, I hope you do read it.
    Please let us know if you can get your VX to this guy for a few hours,
    Thanks,
    All of US!!!!

Hey "colmhd",
    If you can help us all that would be great!!
    You would need to get your VX to "Irwindale, CA"
    Are you close enough to do that?
    He only needs your VX for a few hours to measure.
    BTW....SC VX refers to supercharged VX
    Thanks...please let us all know...YOU MIGHT BE OUR ONLY HOPE!!!!!

2000 Ebony VX #263 ****** VX-2 My weekend car
    Just in case..

If colmhd cant get over to hot shots, I probably can. I'm 20 minutes away.

;Dr;
    Anita
    2000 Ebony #263
    Original Owner- love her too much to part with her.
    AnitaProtich.com

Hi Anita!!
    That would be great!!!
    I'm sure many of us in the group would be very appreciative for the help!!!
    By the way, are you in need of an intake yourself?
    Thanks again,
    Dave

2000 Ebony VX #263 ****** VX-2 My weekend car
    I am happy to do that but I defer to colmhd since he first volunteered. If he cant do it then I will.

And for your question about wanting one myself... I would want to know whether the product would truly be helpful to the truck and if it would be a sticking point with warranty issues. THe opinions of those on the forum would help make my decision.

hey Anita...

I don't think that the intake will affect the warranty and if it does, you can easily remove and replace it with the stock intake in about 20 minutes. I had mine at the dealership for a 45k tune-up plus other misc. warranty issues and had the HS intake still on along with the interceptor and PV. And the tech gave me no flak about the additional mods installed and it didn't affect the end result of the tune-up.

Like I said earlier, the intake alone is just eye candy. But, with the PV and interceptor combined will give you some "umph" when you floor it. At least that's what my butt tells me.
    For custom VehiCross skidplates and accessories, check out:
    www.aftershockproducts.com

If we are all serious about this intake and Anita helps us, we can really get this done!!!!
    I can also call the guy back and ask him the benefits of ceramic coating vs chrome if anyone is worried about the intake heating up and transfering heat to intake air.
    Don't all you non SC VX'ers you want to pop your hood and have an eye candy treat everytime you look at that powerhouse??
    They will really look good and who knows, help performance too according to some of our members!!
    I for one want it bad!!!

intake doesnt do much...putting on an aftermarket filter like k&n does basically teh same thing. the only things intakes do for N/A (naturally aspirated) cars is make it sound louder and faster...but not really much faster. the gain is what...3 hp...maaaybe 5...but i doubt it. and even if it's 5 hp on a 2 ton vehicle...not gonna do much.

i just got a k/n on...only reason i'd get the intake if it's made is for the looks and it has a better resonating sound than the stock tube. but if it's not cold air then i dunno...maybe build the intake out of pvc pipe and make it a cold air which would cost probably 5-10 bucks. at the most.

a regular hot air intake doesnt do much, probalby gives you worse performance than the stock airbox...
    How you gonna stop me im ill-literati/ im like an ill-mariachi wit an automatic shotty/ like tony montana to yo body/ now you really dont wanna come and test me/ i spit verbal fusilades im headin crusades/ to weed out all the fakes like it was da salem witch trials/ yo @ss betta run or else you gettin baked at the stake/ and that'll put a smile on mah face/

As far as the intake, it would be built to put the cone filter into the forward most corner that the airbox came out of. Perhaps there would be a way to channel cooler air flow in that area/direction.

I assume from other hot shots it would certainly look awesome, and sound great!!

I'm not interested in pvc'ing a jurry rigged cold air intake placing the filter somewhere else for two reasons,
    1) it would probably NOT look too pretty under the hood!!!
    2) I believe you would have to worry about driving in wet or real dusty conditions with that cold intake filter sitting in a vunerable spot. I've read the aftermarket sites that warn not to use their coldbox in the fender filter under adverse weather/dust /offroad conditions.....I assume these are meant for street racing!

These hot shot intakes are one piece mandrel bent/formed metal and either chromed or ceramic coated....and .....look awesome!!

What would you like to see under your hood?
    This (toyota tacoma one) http://www.hotshot.com/intakes/TY4021.htm
    Or homemade pvc?
    I rest my case!!!

I have a cone filter attached to the stock intake tube. Right now, it is laying on top of the bottom portion of the stock intake box (my thinking was that I would get cooler air there). I have noticed a DRAMATIC increase in intake noise, which certainly makes me feel like I am going faster on the butt (ear?) dyno. I've also noticed a rather drastic reduction in fuel mileage (maybe I'm hitting it harder to hear that increased power??) but the big thing I've noticed is "bogging" meaning that I don't get smooth acceleration. I am seriously considering putting the stock filter back in. Maybe someone else with an aftermarket filter/intake tube can chime in here - are you also experiencing the "bog"? My VX will actually miss or buck on acceleration - not bad, but somewhat annoying. Anybody else experiencing this? I really like the sound, but I'm wondering if I'm really doing my baby any favors???

yea i get lower mileage because of it...due to all the HOT AIR it's taking in from the engine.

personally, i'd rather go for performance than looks. i dont do any offroading anyways. i've already got people putting dents in my door and scratching my cladding...i dont need nature to do more damage.

i dont show off my engine bay anyways because nothing special about a isuzu engine unless you got a supercharger..but then again...if i did have one i still wouldnt let anyone know. looks mean nothing if there's no real gain. it's just a RICER

The weapon R intake would probably give the best proformance gains....but this is just based on what it does on small displacement honda engines. I have never heard of hotshot intake for a z32, jza80, fd or any of the big japanese sports cars. But if someone can mod a HKS intake for a supra (larger pipe) would probably offer the best proformance out of the bunch. and for the cold air part you can just retrofit a heat sheild around the intake, doesnt have to be a looker if it serves its purpose....
    ________
    WELLBUTRIN CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT
    Last edited by MZ-N10 : 09/05/2011 at 02:17 PM

My opinion on this is falling in with hchen... I love the sleeper! I had a '96 Civic with an Akimoto intake, Neuspeed strut bar, and a few other things... didn't do much, but it was nice and shiney! I had a '97 Prelude with an AEM CAI, chrome Neuspeed strut bar, AEM pulley kit, and a couple other items... did a little, but was nice and shiney!

I'm all for making things little pretty under the hood, if that is what you want. It will also make the VX sound a little "meaner", I guess... but those ordering the intakes should just plain understand that you may not get much out of it except that it will look pretty. Again, that being said, I totally understand if that is all you want.

Originally posted by drdavidr4u
    I assume from other hot shots it would certainly look awesome, and sound great!!

These hot shot intakes are one piece mandrel bent/formed metal and either chromed or ceramic coated....and .....look awesome!!

First off, NO cold air intake sounds great. They all add a suction/hiss in your engine compartment. Not overly loud, but if you are listening for it, you will hear it. That;s the only sound change you will get.

And No, the HotSHot intakes are NOT one piece. I believe mine was 3 pieces. If the new ones are being designed as one piece (meaning they FINALLY get it right), than that would be a plus for you folks. I guess. I kinda like the red couplings though. It really breaks up the overtone of chrome in it.

Still, I sense "0" performance increase with this intake, so do remember, don;t be floored and surprised when you install and step on the gas, only to get the same results.... plus an engine hiss.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

Has anyone obtained a custom intake for the SC VX that they would recommend?

Scott
    Scott