Thread: Goodbye & Thank You

Goodbye & Thank You

Mixed emotion day yesterday as I watched a new owner drive away in my ride. Selling her was difficult but I believe she went to someone who will take care her in the same fashion that I did. It was quite a 12 year run.

I want to take a moment here to thank all of you that have made this board what it is. One cannot place a value on a site where a newbie can join and have questions answered. A special "thank you" to those of you who have been here since the old "mag" days. Scott, Anita, Lisa, Jay, Gil (and a host of others) your friendship over the years was the sole reason I continued to check in here. (I mean, lets face it, you can only read about how to keep the cladding clean so many times). We have gone through quite a bit over the years and persevered. The highs (Texas meets at my place) and the lows (losing a friend and writing his goodbye post) will be remembered always.

The new owner of my VX has told me he intends to join here soon. I ask that you all help him out as you have others. Remember, the title may say otherwise but he will always be in "my ride". Godspeed to you and I'll check in to say hello once in a while. George
    George, Cary, & Roxie the English Bulldog..''99 silver #1897

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Unhappy

G'bye George...you'll be missed...

Don't be a stranger.

I am glad your VX found a new home, and I am glad you plan on popping in every now & again. Cece and I were just talking about a Texas vacation to hang out with all our friends down there, and I hope to see you when we do make the trip. I will never forget the day you opened your home to a bunch of fellow Texan (and one Chicagoan) VXers. Fun times! Keep in touch, and see you again...
    The only thing we have to fear is fear itself... and zombies.

My VehiCROSS

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    God speed and God bless...
    Live, Love, Forgive and Never Give Up

12 Mini Cooper Coupe S fully modded and tuned!, 01 Kaiser VX #1209 RIP, 01 Kaiser VX #0664 Clone
    Wow, it brings tears to my eyes reading this George. Congrats on the sale and moving forward. So many good times we have had, but hope they will continue! We still get to see you guys 3/23 right??
    Ask forgiveness, not permission.

Thanks for the kind words.
    I know one day I will be in your position with my VX, but hope it is not for a long time.

Still planing on it Lisa. Will be taking the new G37 up there (decided on a car for a change of pace). Will make plans as it gets closer.
    Last edited by geshaw30 : 03/03/2013 at 04:12 PM

Best of luck George.

We never got the chance to meet but I've always considered you one of the "Good'uns". Would love to meet you & Cary someday. If your travels ever bring you to the east coast, there's a spare bedroom at our place with an open invitation for Y'all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Quote Originally Posted by tom4bren View Post
    Best of luck George.

We never got the chance to meet but I've always considered you one of the "Good'uns". Would love to meet you & Cary someday. If your travels ever bring you to the east coast, there's a spare bedroom at our place with an open invitation for Y'all.
    Thanks!!
    Getting back to the east coast is always near the top of the list. Plans include a trip to KY in June (houseboat show on Lake Cumberland) and gonna try to get back home to RI in the fall. If we get close to your neck of the woods we'll drop you a line.

OK

Say Hi to Grant & Jason for us