Thread: Scraped bumper and side panel

Angry Scraped bumper and side panel

Hey People:
    I'm a new used VX owner. Love this truck. My second day of owning it, somebody scraped the polypro bumper and side trying to get into a parking space behind me. Is there an easy fix for this material? Let me know.
    BuffArchitect

cannot be repaired, is it drivers side or passenger side. if its drivers side i have a rear piece i let ya get for cheap

If its not too aweful "Mothers back to black" hides it if you use enough (like half the bottle) I had a pretty bad scrape (not deep though) from a tree and it hid it so well I can't really see it anymore (after about 4 applications of back to black)
    2001 Ironman Daily Driver... 3.5" suspension lift (OME912 springs and 1" spring spacer), ball joint flip, 1.5" front diff. drop, 33"x12.5 TrXus MT, 16x10 Eagle Alloy rims, Interceptor, PV muffler, K&N air filter, Alpine Supercharger, Bilstein shocks, and some trimming.

2000 Ironman Project LS-1 VX... very slow progress but someday....... ohhhhh someday......

LINE X all the cladding, only way to go!

Dragon Bob
    Neither ordinary or extraordinary, just indefatigable.

2000 VX Green Dragon- Chick Demagnitizer-Supercharger-Injen Intake- Cold air box-K&N- Power Vault SS Exhaust-265-75-16 BFG MT kms-On Board CO2- Custom Boulder Bars- Custom Skid plates- PIAA 520 Fog Lites-3inch lift with OME 912 Springs-LINE X Bedliner on Cladding & Hood Insert-ARB Front Lockers & Custom Bull Bar. Vintage Offenhauser Hood scoop Thule Rack. XM Radio-Custom Storage Box-First VX to surmount the RUBICON.Thanks Sierra Stompers

Thumbs up Got Scrapes...

...My VX got it's first and only scrapes from a brick tossed from a bridge 2 summers ago. I bought another piece to replace it, but have grown to appriciate what I now call it's "character" scar.

Scrapes happen, that's why we have cladding to keep the scrapes from damaging the painted metal parts. I have a passenger side front piece for sale. Let me know if you need it.
    NAVIGATOR

Just curious, How much for the cladding fender?

Welcome

hey... welcome on board.
    sorry to hear that your bumper got scratched up.
    anyway, i have black 01 VX and one of design principal told me it fits our image so well... black and gray divided by continuous straight line all around the VX.
    Good to see another architect has better taste.. ;Dr; ;Dr;

Jkim
    01 Black VX
    04 Black Saphire V40
    Jkim
    01 black VX
    04 black V40 LSE

Originally posted by AlaskaVX
    Just curious, How much for the cladding fender?

It was about $135 shipped from St Charles two summers ago, has been in the box waiting for install ever since. Someday I will install it, that is, if i don't sell it first.

Well since we are on this subject I am in need of a rear passenger side fender since someone felt the need to try to squeeze out of there car at about 1 foot away which left a nice gouge in the cladding just below the gas cap on the lip of the fender. If anyone has a line on one of these bad boys please let me know.

~LOCO~