Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Need help vx won't turn over

Look for loose connectors on either end, excessive corrosion. The corrosion can seep down the cable even if the terminals are clean...enough juice will get through for the smaller components (lights, stereo etc) to work but not enough to turn the starter. Happened to mine. Replaced cable (top portion...the lower portion ties into the wire harness) and has had no problems since.
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Makes sence but why would disconnecting the battery work once but 30 mins later it not want to start again. It does sound like the starter relay is clicking but normally a bad connection or a weak battery will still lead to some noise from the starter. The earlier start sounded as strong as ever which also leads me away from a bad battery connection. At this point it's looking like I will have to get a tow. But knowing my luck it will start once in the morning and leave me stranded somewhere else

Unhappy

Well after trying to jump the truck thinking the 14.5 volts might help push past any corrosion in the cable I'm out of ideas and am getting it towed to a better location my garage.

just thinking and typing....
    steering column switch? it controls the lock pin on the column. If it is not locking, it might not let the vx start. The Ignition lock switch (right) plugs into the Ignition switch control (left side in column) and it has wiring plug on it.
    trying to help....
    I haven't had any simular problems with the vx

Life is better when you go Topless

Well I got the wheel to lock. I had to turn it 1.5 turns but it locked. It's home now the toe truck driver managed to back it right into the garage so further application of the bfh can be done out of the cold

You might try removing and reseating the Starter Relay and the Starter Cut Relay in the engine bay fuse box. Have you noticed any erratic illumination of the gear position indicator lights on your dash as this has been happening?

Nothing weird on the dash while attempting to start. Only weird light display is on the fifth turn from off to run. I get a loud beep from out side the truck and all the lights on the dash flash once

Ok so small update, it is not the the security system or the park neutral switch. The starter relay itself is activating but havering no affect on the start. So nw Saturday after work I have to jump the selonoid to rule out a bad starter if that's good I'll have to trace wires.

So finally figured it out. After making a small modification to the inner fender so I could get to the starter. All it took was a wiggle of the signal wire connector to the starter and she fired up. My guess is that it shook loose now all I have to do is secure it and hope it doesn't come loose on the trail this weekend