Thread: I have a couple questions.

I have a couple questions.

Is there a spring missing from my hood to pop it up a bit when I pull the inside release? I can't tell if I have pulled the release enough sometimes for the hood to release.

Anyone else have wind noise on passenger door, top middle? It's not frequent and only if there is a significant side wind in addition to the 55 to 70 mph road speed. Gasket seems intact and the door closes fully.

Thanks in advance to advice, comments or suggestions.

Rod

I have issues with my hood release too. Sometimes I have to go pull up on the hood and then pull the release. The issues seem to go away when I coat the latch area with spray lube. I assume something is binding but I'm not sure what.

Take a pic of the hood release. It does seem to stick sometimes. Mine doesn't pop up, and sometimes it doesn't release.

As for the window.... where is the leak, window gasket, window or door frame. I have a tiny wistle on my pass window if it is not up all the way.

Life is better when you go Topless

Sounds like right in the middle/top of door

Quote Originally Posted by VxSport View Post
    Take a pic of the hood release. It does seem to stick sometimes. Mine doesn't pop up, and sometimes it doesn't release.

As for the window.... where is the leak, window gasket, window or door frame. I have a tiny wistle on my pass window if it is not up all the way.
    Doesn't seem to be the window glass. Usually does it when there is no one else in the vehicle to help pinpoint the noise.

Will try to photo the latch later today. Sun isn't up yet and it appears to be cloudy in the East.

Rod

The hood bump stops thread in & out. Try threading them out a little to see if the added upward pressure on your hood helps to pop it open.

I've experienced the sticking latch too. Lube the entire mechanism down once or twice a year.

Also, I've had the hood release cable shield come loose from the bracket right at the release lever. That bracket is kinda flimsy. Just make sure the cable is fully seated & check there first if the hood ever decides to not release.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.