Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Line-X'ed the Vx

Quote Originally Posted by ssignature View Post
    That was black, but the texture can be changed. This was a pebbly texture, the smoother ones appear darker. In person, it appears very dark. You should stop by a Line-X dealer and look at the samples.
    Hey Jo, you get the hood inserts shot yet?
    If there's still a choice, I'd like the tamer texture if possible.
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Quote Originally Posted by VX-Man View Post
    The local Line-X guy told my friend NOT to do it, as He would not guarantee it holding to Plastic... I brought the VX with Rhinolining for him to see... No budging... My friend is looking at Rhino now [ or another Line-x Guy...]
    Over the past 4 years I've probably read about at least 10-15 VXs being shot with Line-X, some Rhino, some Monstaliner…. on cladding and insert - can't recall a single one ever mentioning any problems with adhesion.
    Anybody recall?

Quote Originally Posted by VX-Man View Post
    I will try a pic of it closer tomorrow.....

[LEFT]
    DOOOOOD!!!! That thing is screamin' 'Get outta my F'in way'

Definitely a VX with attitude ... nice!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

It is said all along the Intertubes, that with Line-X (or any of these types of products), prep is everything. There are supposedly a lot of places that ONLY do a chemical prep and that is not sufficient. The cladding has to be roughed up with sandpaper at the minimum (kinda makes sense). Find a dealer that's willing to do it right. I imagine there are lazy ones that only want to do bedliners, but the good ones spend a lot of their time doing industrial work, so they know how to make it stick.

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    Who are you and what have you done with Ashley?
    I was really surprised when you were the other buyer of the Line-X'd insert, now the cladding??
    Well it's like this, the shop that repaired my VX in Denver sanded and painted the new front cladding to match the rest of the VX, and while it's not that noticeable, you can definitely see the difference after you apply Back to Black (or whatever product) to the rest of the cladding. And the infuriating part is that since it's painted no plastic restoration product will soak in (they just sit on the surface in nasty swirls) and no wax will look right due to the new sanded/textured nature of the bumper. So I've been debating buying a new or like new front bumper but those run anywhere from $250-$450 bucks or more, so the obvious alternative is to redo all the cladding the same way. With two young kids and nearly constant business travel I'm willing to trade a little preservation perfectionism for lower maintenance.

If I did this I'd want as little texture as possible to keep a mostly stock look. I wonder what texture Jo will use on our inserts?

Get outta da Way!!

Thanks to Jo for the aggressiveness on that fine piece of work He did with the Brush Guard!!!
    Tell you the truth... some people do think twice now about getting in front of me when they exit the Mall's Parking lot....

Quote Originally Posted by ssignature View Post
    It is said all along the Intertubes, that with Line-X (or any of these types of products), prep is everything. There are supposedly a lot of places that ONLY do a chemical prep and that is not sufficient. The cladding has to be roughed up with sandpaper at the minimum (kinda makes sense). Find a dealer that's willing to do it right. I imagine there are lazy ones that only want to do bedliners, but the good ones spend a lot of their time doing industrial work, so they know how to make it stick.
    You are 100% correct.. the issue is that there are NOT to many Line-X authorized guys around...[At least around JAX]
    My cladding was done about 6 years ago or more according to the Richard P. and the Doctor who owned it and did it in TX. Is holding great for the most part but you can see a couple of places where I just did a few touches last week....
    I am happy.. not a bad look for the VX...

Im considering this to cover the scuff marks and imperfections to the cladding. The cladding itself is hard to find. nuff said on expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    Over the past 4 years I've probably read about at least 10-15 VXs being shot with Line-X, some Rhino, some Monstaliner…. on cladding and insert - can't recall a single one ever mentioning any problems with adhesion.
    Anybody recall?
    I've never heard any complaints.

We've been using LineX in a Military application for the past 7 years with no problems ... that right there says a lot!!!! 100+ systems in Iraq & Afghanistan.

The Line-X choice turned out looking really good, and I especially like the red accent stripe you added to the body. I've always liked the Grey/Red/Black color combo because I personally think the red really sets off the black and the grey.

Gotta love those detailed white fangs too. I'd say they do a little "get out of my way" screaming too.

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Y33TREKker View Post
    Gotta love those detailed white fangs too.
    X-2...
    Now all ya need is...

An old school Batman logo for a grille badge...

It'll tie the whole room together...Dude

na na na na na na na na VX
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]...

Your Ebony with the red accents made me think of this one that came up for sale last fall. I like the red horizontal stripes on the door, and the rims too.
    Really like the red/black combos!

& the ghost car disappearing into the building across the street is a nice touch too!

I'm thinking that a few more body mods and I'll have it just where I want it.