Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Should I be afraid?

As far as "maintenance issues", it is (as in MOST "used" vehicles) also a matter of the treatment the vehicle has received by previous owner(s); as well as "the luck of the draw" on original build quality of each unit. In the example of mine, it's a 2001, NEVER off-roaded, 1 owner garage-kept high desert SoCal vehicle until 2009, w/58K miles when I bought it. Still had its original battery, which I replaced w/a Sears Die Hard Platinum just because I was SCARED of a 9 year old battery, LOL. Since then I have put 38K miles on it - other than oil/filter changes every 5K miles (adding 28 ounces of oil in-between EACH oil change; that amount has been COMPLETELY consistent in the four years and 8 oil changes it's had) and a set of tires when I bought it, the ONLY other maintenance has been a new serpentine belt, changing the fluid in the front and rear differentials/x-fer case, and a 25 minute re-adjustment of the driver's side power window - that's IT! I've owned ~30 vehicles in my 57 years - this Vehicross has been THE most maintenance-free vehicle I've owned YET, hands-down! And yes, there have been about a dozen brand new vehicles in that mix too, both foreign and domestic.

Finding "the right Vehicross" is like finding the right spouse - do your due diligence to the Nth degree, take your time, get the BEST one that YOU can given the "resources" that YOU have - then, if you land up getting a REALLY good one, do NOT let go!

My experience is the same. Bought at 60K, now 159K nothing but a timing belt and oil and battery. Remember the VX body takes three drops of the car crusher to flatten, so there must be some quality in there.

Quote Originally Posted by blacksambo View Post
    Remember the VX body takes three drops of the car crusher to flatten, so there must be some quality in there.
    WHOA!!!! I never heard that! Wow! What's the reason it's so tough? The zinc?
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Must be the grooves in the frame.

The person Doing the cosmetic dings and dents on the fenders was telling me the body was a bit tougher to malform especially by the doors with the three grooves. He doesnt understand it either.

The ceramic Die moulding?

As for durability; I had an SVX before this. Now that part did not have any sisters . The VX is a truck after all, and a big plusis the parts are not as hard as the body panels. Plus given the more rust potential parts are clad in plastic.

Just do not hit or break your headlights....

It's strong because of the massive "C" pillar. And yes you rust afraid people should know it's skin is zinc clad.