Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: My turn for LineX

Iowa Side

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    Kansas side or Missouri side? Tuttle Creek is fun and I would like to hit up KS Rocks.
    A bit North and East of KC. Nearly straight North of Columbia, Mo. About 5 to 6 hours north of ST. Louis.

Rod

I just finished the interior, I yanked all the carpet and foam out. That stuff was wet No rust underneath, so I caught it in time. 3 cans of herculiner, about 1/8" of rubber. The wife and I spent the last few days doing layer after layer. I disconnected the TOD. No warning light, no lights at all. I was afraid there would be a warning light on forever.
    I also wire loomed all of the OEM cabling so it looks nice. I also went ahead and pounded that weird plate that hangs down on the back of the seats. No more losing stuff under the seat and not being able to reach it. I tried to chisel the welds off and remove the plate, but those things are on there good. 3lb sledge bent them flush with the seat frame just fine, no sharp edges, looks normal.

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Wrench

I I disconnected the TOD. No warning light, no lights at all. I was afraid there would be a warning light on forever.
    I wouldn't mind disconnecting my TOD light too. Where is it and is it difficult to get to?

Peace.
    Tom
    "Through Great Sacrifice..... Great Rewards Will Be Achieved"

The tod computer is under the passenger seat. I disconnected all of the harnesses.

Your wife is a champ Chris!

Removed 75% of plastic today, only broke one clip. Jo gave me some tips, he was spot on. A filet knife for cutting the tape works great, flexible and razor sharp. Been in my closet brand new for 4 or 5 years...finally found a use for it.

I found some rust on the door crash bars, similar to the front bumper issues. I wire wheeled it down and doused it in POR15. Once lineXed, never worry again. But it is something to think about for our midwest/new england trucks. Mine was not a structural issue yet, but one day it would have been.

No bueno, got the rear cladding pieces off today. Decent amount of cancer at the forward portion of the rear fenders. Same spot on both sides, it is where the body seams are welded together on the inside, just aft of the where the lower seat belt mounts are. Manged to stick a screwdriver through about a 3x4" area. I had filled the driver's side with 7 cans of expanding foam yesterday, which had made its way down to the hole. That is a good thing, the LineX will cover all that without a problem, then no more worries about rust.
    The rear bumper was in poor shape as well. I know where my rattle was coming from. A large nut for something had broken loose with a sizeable piece of the bolt. Not sure what it goes to, but it was rattling around back there.
    I am going to pull of the rear bumper, soda blast it down and have them linex that as well. It may go away as part of a rear bumper build anyhow, and the hitch works better as a bumper.
    Getting closer to spray time, just waiting on tax return that I filed in January

1999, Blue (Astral)5 spd VX #1396 ; '01 Proton 0753
    Getting closer to spray time, just waiting on tax return that I filed in January
    I owed this year and filed on the 15th. They already cashed my check, funny how that works eh?

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    Aint that the truth...

Quote Originally Posted by bartmanS4 View Post
    I owed this year and filed on the 15th. They already cashed my check, funny how that works eh?
    .... me too.

Jo
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Grrrr, IRS told me that the drop dead date for my return release was Tuesday. I called yesterday, after 40 minutes on hold, they told me 3-4 more weeks. What kind of BS is this. She could see where the dates were due, but they came and went. Is there no accountability in that place? Flat tax, no more IRS, or even better, no income taxes and just have a 10% federal sales tax, fire all of the IRS, save billions in operating costs, and then illegal immigrants pay same taxes as everyone else. Solves all kinds of problems.

Grrrr, IRS told me that the drop dead date for my return release was Tuesday. I called yesterday, after 40 minutes on hold, they told me 3-4 more weeks. What kind of BS is this. She could see where the dates were due, but they came and went. Is there no accountability in that place? Flat tax, no more IRS, or even better, no income taxes and just have a 10% federal sales tax, fire all of the IRS, save billions in operating costs, and then illegal immigrants pay same taxes as everyone else. Solves all kinds of problems.
    you got my vote, when are you running for office??????

Although I would run on an entirely honest platform, no secrets or apologies or back pedaling, I have a feeling they would find this site and go through all the posts...lol. By then, I will be a minority, the folks on government assistance will far outnumber those that are not, and I will have no chance. (By the way, there was an article the other day on CNN, Families that make less than the median income have an average of close to 4 children. Families that make an income above the median income average have less than two children.)

1999, Blue (Astral)5 spd VX #1396 ; '01 Proton 0753
    Ever seen the movie Idiocracy?
    We are effectively (selectively) breeding ourselves dumber whilst believing ourselves smarter. LOL
    I certainly don't mean to imply that income and intelligence are interrelated. I just find it funny that we fix our crooked teeth, get breast implants, hair plugs, liposuction, fake bake, body wax, etc so that we are more attractive to the other sex. We are then selectively breeding flat chested, bald headed hairy bodied, ghostly white fatties with bad teeth. whom of course are completely reliant on the government for their survival. WooHoo!

I decided to leave the roof rails tan. That will ensure a good seal on the roof. Basket and cross bars will be black. undecided on spoiler.

'01, Proton Yellow, 1028. '01, Gunmetal Metallic, 1033.
    I'm just waitin' on the pictures Marlin so stop yer damn teasin'...
    Vixer Fixer