Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: My turn for LineX

Imagine how I feel, VX is sitting in the driveway half naked. Although, if I was a good body work guy, Going sans cladding would look sweet. Makes the truck look much taller, like some kind of race truck, and you can see how big the tires are. They stick out from the body 3-4", but with the cladding on there, I get doubtful looks when I tell them they are 34s.

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

'01, Proton Yellow, 1028. '01, Gunmetal Metallic, 1033.
    Some girls look great without their nickers, others...not so much! Enjoy hers while their down, at least you've got pictures!
    Vixer Fixer

I just contacted Jason about some emblems,
    I want an 8" Isuzu "arrow" on my hood,
    "VX" on each A-pillar
    "VX" on rear door
    "ISUZU" for each side cladding

If I tape/glue these on prior to spraying, they will result in an upraised pattern in the LineX. That way, I can take tan paint and do the face of the letters on the black cladding and vice versa or whatever color I choose. I think the red will go back on the hood Red on tan will POP!!

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    Interesting idea.....

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    I just contacted Jason about some emblems,
    I want an 8" Isuzu "arrow" on my hood,
    "VX" on each A-pillar
    "VX" on rear door
    "ISUZU" for each side cladding

If I tape/glue these on prior to spraying, they will result in an upraised pattern in the LineX. That way, I can take tan paint and do the face of the letters on the black cladding and vice versa or whatever color I choose. I think the red will go back on the hood Red on tan will POP!!

Jo
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

One day Jo, One day...

I am going to go without the A pillar decor, maybe a marlin instead?

Just set up my appointment for Monday. Have to take the truck by on Wed afternoon for a walk over. Gonna talk about what preps I have left, and give sample for color match. I decided to do the regular LineX on the cladding, I don't think the shiny would look how I want it to. I will do the shiny on the top half for UV protection. I also asked about the expanding foam I did in the rust pockets, he siad that will work just fine, but it would look funny, but since it is under the cladding, it doesn't matter.

Remember to ask him how much for just the cladding please...

I've been keeping an eye on this thread ... not for the VX though.

Wifey's 04 Eclipse has had a Mitsubishi bra on it since we first got it & now it needs to be replaced. Guess what ... the bra is no longer available ... by ANY of the bra manufacturers.

Sure, they all make a bra for the Eclipse but this is the one that goes all the way up the hood. I think Mitsubishi called it the 'Sport Bra' when I got it. Colgan calls it a 'T Bra' & they make them for trucks but not for cars.

I went all brainiac when I read this thread & thought I could just get the Eclipse LineX'd in the shape of the bra. Wifey says no (it would look too Redneck for her Philly tastes).

See a theme going here?

The little Mom & Pop (& now Son) shop that upholstered the seat on the SeaDoo for me can make one though. I just haven't been by to get an estimate.

I'll let you know how that works out just in case this shop becomes a potential source for custom pieces that Y'all need in the future.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

99 Matte Midnight Sand Met... oh nevermind. VX #0377...Project ZU
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    Just set up my appointment for Monday.

I bet you're excited.

I am, a lot of work to do, Jason is sending me some printed emblems, truck goes in tomorrow for walkthrough on what I want done and how to prep it.
    I aksed about the plastic, he said he will have a better idea once he does it. Will try to keep the cost down if you bring the pieces in off the truck.
    Super stoked!!

I can't believe that you won't be driving a Proton anymore. You gonna miss it?

Funny thing, when I was originally VX shopping, Ironman white was at the bottom of my want list, followed by proton.
    After having a proton, I can't imagine having another color.
    Having said that, spending this much $$$, I can't imagine keeping it an OEM color, plus the yellow is tough to make look good with the LineX, it ends up with a washed out look.
    Plus, for some reason I really like the khaki on black look of the FJ cruiser. Khaki on Plum would be nice too, but I am trying to stick to colors that I can easily touch up if need be later on. The tan I am using is the same as the rubbermaid bedliner tan, makes it easy to modify rims, or any other accessories if I so choose.
    But yes, it will be weird to go out the the driveway and not see the yellow monster

Just got back from the walkthrough. They are stoked. Talked about preps and whatnot. I asked how much for the Kevlar upgrade, he said if I was willing to let them slap a LineX symbol above the VX symbol on the rear door and use the photos for local advertising (I have to sign the release) he would do it for no extra charge!!
    Getting close now, getting hard to sleep at night, a lot more work to do.

1999, Blue (Astral)5 spd VX #1396 ; '01 Proton 0753
    I think you should hold off a while on color painting the embossed emblems you are adding to the sides. I'm picturing a dust or mud covered VX with the embossed lettering sticking out. That would look way cool! Course I'm into subtlety. ;-)
    There's no 'I' in denial.

I understand, but no matter what, the Zu arrow on the hood is gonna be red, otherwise, the guys at the campground won't know whose truck it is!
    I also need to order a new vanity plate. 1 of 479 won't work anymore. Gotta think of something clever.