Just stopped by the new dealer a few miles from my house. We talked about doing the entire truck. If I remove all the plastic and wire wheel the herculiner off, he will do all of the plastic in black (mirrors, roof rails, luggage rack, cladding etc...) and the rest of the truck in a khaki or coyote brown for $2800. I asked how much for the premium lineX, he said that was! It included the kevlar upgrade as well as the UV protected stuff! Needless to say, the VX is going into the shop soon to get a makeover as well, after seeing SSsigs cladding, I was sold.
He had some demo stuff out for me to play with, had a pop can with the regular lineX on it, you could bend it, but not much. Then he had the premium can. Ridiculous, I stood on it, it does not bend. He actually had removed the aluminum after it set to show how strong it is once it cures. He said, even if your truck rusts out under the lineX, once it sets, it holds that shape forever. Stuff is awesome! I told him I wanted it to be like the truck on Storm Chasers, he pulled out the calendar...lol. Yep, that one.
I am stoked, no more washing, no more waxing, no more care about chips and rust. He said it would add between 50-100lbs in weight to the truck, nothing much that matters. Time to clear out the garage and get to work on removing the cladding