Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: My turn for LineX

1999, Blue (Astral)5 spd VX #1396 ; '01 Proton 0753
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    I understand, but no matter what, the Zu arrow on the hood is gonna be red, otherwise, the guys at the campground won't know whose truck it is!
    Lol, I actually changed my message to specify the side emblems because of the hood part.
    There's no 'I' in denial.

Quote Originally Posted by bartmanS4 View Post
    Lol, I actually changed my message to specify the side emblems because of the hood part.
    I can make the mud pic happen with the side lettering. Makes me think of a pic my wife took:

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Finished most of the prep. Got the spare tire mount and rear cladding off. Only thing left is the spoiler, tail lights and maybe rear bumper. That half moon is a PITA to get off, seems like they used half a roll of double sided tape on that thing.

3d Printed emblems for Marlin

[IMG][/IMG]

Here are the 3D Printed emblems! Sorry for the double post. I obviously dont know exactly how to add a photo on a thread. quickly learning though...

"Peanut Butter Jelly Time, Peanut Butter Jelly Time"

Boooo! Dealer contacted me today, wants to move it to Tuesday. Its supposed to rain all day sat/sun, and the truck has to be completely dry when they spray it due to the high temp, it will cause the LineX to bubble if it contacts water. So, postponed for another day

Spent two hours today wire wheeling the herculiner off. Still have to finish the passenger fender.
    Good news, got my emblems from Jason!!! They are awesome! Makes me want a printer, but I have enough money sucking hobbies/projects.
    Thanks Jason, they came out great. I have some friends that may want some mitsubishi emblems at some point, I will let you know.

I also got the headlights out and ready for shipping to Florida to get refinished! Gonna be a whole new truck!

I also got the headlights out and ready for shipping to Florida to get refinished!
    Good Lord man, what in the world are you doing that for? I had a local detailing guy clean my passenger headlight after my driver's headlight was replaced and you couldn't tell the difference when he was done. I had some of that 3M Clear Bra material put on afterwards and other than a few scratches that I made wiping bugs with a netted sponge (doh! ) they're still perfect 15K miles later.

He is going to do the inside as well.

Alright, almost 100% ready. Got all the labels mounted that Jason sent me. Just have to wire wheel and sand the one fender, then it is done. 1 more day.

I have a few Q's...Next week I'm making an appointment for spraying Linex to the cladding pieces (black/glossy/uv)...

Quote Originally Posted by bartmanS4 View Post
    Marlin, you may want to trim the edges of the cladding a little first so that clearance won't be an issue.
    Is this more common than not? I was just going to take the pieces to them and have them do their thing. I brought it to their attention but they said that the technician will know if there is enough clearance. But do you think I need to actually shave the cladding???

Also... I LOVED THIS IDEA!!!

I just contacted Jason about some emblems,
    I want an 8" Isuzu "arrow" on my hood,
    "VX" on each A-pillar
    "VX" on rear door
    "ISUZU" for each side cladding

If I tape/glue these on prior to spraying, they will result in an upraised pattern in the LineX. That way, I can take tan paint and do the face of the letters on the black cladding and vice versa or whatever color I choose. I think the red will go back on the hood Red on tan will POP!!
    I'm thinking of maybe having a 3d Vehicross emblem that just says "VehiCross" (like on the pillar) on each door cladding and maybe a small Isuzu Arrow on the moon piece...

HMMMMMM... love this idea!!
    ---------

Ty

I didn't bother trimming, they said they can thin out the spray at the edges, I will cross that road when the time comes, and I don't plan on worrying too muc about the body clips, so I have some wiggle room.
    As for the door cladding, not a whole lot of area to fit an emblem, nothing flat enough. I ended up scrapping that idea and went with the factory 3.5l spot and placed old school ISUZU emblems there.

On a side note, Jo talked to me about his LineX job a while ago, but asked me to keep it a secret pending the Moab unveil. Funny thing, I thought I was super clever coming up with the decal idea and using Jason, turns out, Jo had already thought of that idea, completely independent of one another...damned clever VX owners

Big day tomorrow!!! Never gonna wash that truck again, maybe a hose now and again, no more waxing, no more checking for rock trips or worrying about body rust!