Thread: we have arrived

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

we have arrived

Well, we finally made the move. Was going to be Vegas,.. but after thinking about it and Sandy doing the research, we decided to move to Sierra Vista, Arizona. Hummingbird capital of the U.S. Ten degrees cooler then Tuscon/Phoenix and warmer in the winter. It is simple beautiful here.

For what its worth. oil change of course before leaving. Decided to add one quart of Marvelous Mystery Oil to the crank case. Thinking maybe it would help the carbon issue/piston drain hole problem we have. Like everyone else, my VX would use a qt. every 1000 or so. 1600 odd miles and she didn't use one drop of oil. MPG was just under 21. I am pleased.

insert 2 cents;
    with the engine failures that have been attribute to this piston drain hole problem, I wonder how many of them could of been caused by not burning top tier gas which is designed to prevent carbon build-up? Anyway, something to think about if you buy the cheap gas instead of top tier gas. Kind of like the Fram filter commercial awhile back. 'You can pay me now or pay me later'.

Today the search starts for dwellings that a retiree can afford that has a workshop and maybe start making skid plate's again.

now all I have to do is figure out how to change my stats here
    Last edited by rowhard : 05/06/2013 at 09:59 AM
    Greetings, Earthling. We come in peace... Never mind "Paris to Dakar", the VehiCROSS looks ready for the Martian desert.