Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: LineX pics

that's gonna look like fde ar-15, nice...I want one!

Quote Originally Posted by hankstrange View Post
    that's gonna look like fde ar-15, nice...I want one!
    Thats true, I should get a Walther P22 to match, we have a green one, but the tan would be a perfect fit!

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

More pics. Got the doors back together, mirrors, roof rack, spoiler and a door piece. Just started storming

[CENTER]

Better pics, for some reason, I am having problems with my camera phone photo quality:

It feels a lot like a GI Joe toy now, I keep gently laying tools on it, like it is still painted, I can throw a brick at it now! I might start hanging out at the LineX dealer, it is a cool trade, and I tend to learn things in one shot, I told them I would work for free if they teach me. The owner seemed cool with that, he already started showing me how the process works an the equipment and whatnot this afternoon.
    Still need ideas for a new plate, "MILSPEC" would be cool, but probably already taken.

Looks Great, Marlin

Managed to get most ofthe cladding on before it gotdark, still have to shoot new screws for the fender linings and do the rear cladding. Much faster that I thought it would be. The dash is gonna be awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    Thats true, I should get a Walther P22 to match, we have a green one, but the tan would be a perfect fit!
    I have a P22 & G22. Those two together always draw a crowd! Especially sending smoke signals down range with the interchangeable 45 round drum that works on both of them!
    Last edited by jasonm621 : 05/17/2013 at 11:27 AM Reason: Gallery image removed

This is the best gif I found that best relates to your VX's condition!

LOL Literally!

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    Still need ideas for a new plate, "MILSPEC" would be cool, but probably already taken.

MARLIN-- I just took a peek at the Virgina-DMV website https://www.dmv.virginia.gov/dmvnet/...hase/intro.asp and they have a wide variety of background plates to choose from; however, some plates are limited by the number of characters due to the background artwork with only 6 characters. Still some are available with a full 7 characters; for example; their awesome looking "Scenic Autumn" version (with leafy border background) will accept a full 7 characters and would be a perfect artwork choice for your tanned VX.

I tried inputting various personalized vanity plate choices on the on-line website using the "Scenic Autumn" background (with 7 characters) and they all came up as "already taken"; which is total BS because some examples I tried surely would be available, so there must be a computer glitch with the on-line website service.

My best advice is to call the Virginia-DMV at (804) 497-7100 and talk to a live human being actually manning a DMV computer terminal and see if the vanity plate of "MILSPEC" is available.

Last edited by Riff Raff : 05/17/2013 at 12:46 PM

No va plates for this guy. I don't want to give this horrible place any more money than I have to. SC PLATES, only like 25 bucks extra for custom plates.

Ho Hum, pretty much done. All I have left is to shoot new screws for the fender lining, rattle can the door jams, and mount the spare tire rack. They did a perfect job with color match. I test sprayed, the black matches the Armor anti-rust black I have and the tan matches the rustoleum tan bedliner perfectly.

Went ahead and did some emblems in Ford Cardinal Red, which matches the high temp red from rustoleum.

How did they do the mirrors? A friend did his whole truck, dodge ram. Except for the mirrors. They said sence they turn in, the texture and ticknes of the linex would prevent them from being turnable.

LineX is a multi step process. The first layer is like an expoxy/rubber feel and they can texture it or not. For the mirrors, they did the pivot points without texture. You can't see it. The mirrors fold just fine, and the LineX is sprayed into the mirror housing as well. Power portion worked with no problems too.
    I had no problems with fitting anything except one spot, where the reardoor cladding meets the drivers tail light. I tore the LineX back a bit. Truck has to go in for photos this week, I will talk to them for ideas. May have to shave the tail light down a bit.
    I am having them spray the engine cowling again as well. The tan doesn't look right, too much yellow in the engine bay. He said he will respray in black for free.
    Other than that, I am more than happy with the outcome! Next up, rock lights and bumper project.

By the lack of comments, I am going to guess that most folks are not impressed , and if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all Although that rule does not often hold true with this family...lol.
    The pics make it look kind of white where the tan is, you can see how dark it is in this pic: