Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: LineX pics

12 Mini Cooper Coupe S fully modded and tuned!, 01 Kaiser VX #1209 RIP, 01 Kaiser VX #0664 Clone
    Greg and I think this looks good, I prefer one solid color like The Off Road Weirdo in. Moab, but yours looks good too.
    Ask forgiveness, not permission.

I understand, I just think one solid color is boring. I refused to spend that kind of money on "boring".

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    No va plates for this guy. I don't want to give this horrible place any more money than I have to. SC PLATES, only like 25 bucks extra for custom plates.

MARLIN-- Okay, SC it is. So I visited the SC-DMV website, and what a cluster-F of non-information and a total worthless website without any personalized "test to see if available" link. My best advice is just to call the SC-DMV Call Center (manned Help Desk) at (803) 896-5000 and ask them to query "MILSPEC" in their DMV computer database to see if the vanity plate is already taken.

In regards to the lack of people not making comments about your tanned-out VX-- Here you go:

wow.. i have rhino bedding texture on my cladding... hows it working on the body? looks mean bro. was it cheaper than normal paint? cuz i was gonna paint it next week( untill my engince decided to blow up...) but if this is cheaper, might look into it
    i think i got quoted, for the body and cladding paint, 4000.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    By the lack of comments, I am going to guess that most folks are not impressed , and if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all Although that rule does not often hold true with this family...lol.
    You got my vote! I wish I could see it in person to see how wicked it is with my own eyes!

As for painting at 4000 bucks, you have lost your mind. You can Kevlar LineX the entire vehicle, whatever colors you want, 2800 bucks. I did everything, mirrors, dash roof rack and so on. No more washing, no more waxing, no more rust that matters, no more paint chips, I can throw tools on it without worry, drop stuff on the roof and pretty much anything I want without a fear of a scratch.

[QUOTE=Marlin;280843]By the lack of comments, I am going to guess that most folks are not impressed ,

Im waiting till its done ..so far I like it ..Im just waiting for a full done clean shot...then Ill oooohh and aaahhhh..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]...

I still need to finish the fender screws, the cladding won't stick out anymore Its been raining all day, so we are just chilling inside.

Cladding looks sharp, nice contrast!

I have to say I really like it. When I first started reading along with your posts I wasn't so sure. But I think the contrast between the cladding and the tan is great. I like that all the accessories and the cladding break up the tan.

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    It's absolutely amazing...

Can't wait to see the interior with the new dash pieces.
    Live, Love, Forgive and Never Give Up

'01, Proton Yellow, 1028. '01, Gunmetal Metallic, 1033.
    Marlin, it's not so much what others like; when it comes to your vehicle, make it yours... By the looks of it, I'd say you have accomplished that swimmingly!! Back in 1990 when Guard vehicles started showing up at just about every local body shop that could accommodate them to get their desert tan paint job before deployment to The Gulf, alot of people wondered about that color, namely, "is that pink or tan"? Desert Tan officially, pictures seem to make it look more pink, especially with red in the background. I always thought it looked really cool at sunset, parked on a beach...just my two cents. You've made it yours, own it, be proud!! Nice job...
    Vixer Fixer

Looks great. Fantastic job.

Oh I am proud, but like most VX owners, we crave attention and I am no exception to that characteristic. My wife thought the VX was ugly when I brought it home all stock. I told her I had a vision, after lift and tires and whatnot, she thought it was the coolest thing ever.
    Then I told her I wanted it tan on black, she thought that was a stupid idea "but its your [my] truck, do what you want" with that attitude tone of voice. She thought it looked so cool afterwards, now she wants to do hers and she even offered to paint the emblems on the VX for me!

I would even be open to negative opinions, but this project took more time and money than any other project I have done on the VX, and as you "senior" members know, I have spent a fortune and hundreds of hours on that truck. I probably have $30K tied up in that truck over the last 4.5 years.

I have a bunch if interior stuff to do, yank the ABS light, replace the gages with the cool white ones from SSig, install the LEDs for that, rewire the rear camera, setup wiring for my LED light for the bumper, wiring for the rock lights, finish foam filling rear panels, paint all the random showing yellow and so on.
    Gonna be a long summer.

man the more you look at it the meaner it gets