Thread: Vehicross remote

Vehicross remote

I just got my vehicross not long ago and realized the remote to unlock the doors only works from about 10-15feet away is this with everyone's vehicross or is there a problem with mine?

The user manual for the remote is in the download section.
    It may give you some info.
    I've heard some owner's say it works from 5' or under, to others who say it works from a much greater distance. Mine works from at least 20'.
    Do a search on it, there should be some posts about it as I know it's been discussed before.
    http://www.vehicross.info/modules.ph...warticle&id=10
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Mine doesn't work at all except to make the VX "whistle" for 10 seconds and the option button does nothing but illuminate the LED on the remote. I'm fine with just using the key for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeoneElse View Post
    Mine doesn't work at all except to make the VX "whistle" for 10 seconds and the option button does nothing but illuminate the LED on the remote. I'm fine with just using the key for everything.
    "Option" button doesn't do anything for any of us.
    One or two people found a way to custom program that button.

SE, maybe try clearing your remote, then reprogramming it. (I did that on one of mine, let me know if you need instructions.).

1999, Blue (Astral)5 spd VX #1396 ; '01 Proton 0753
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeoneElse View Post
    Mine does this if one of the doors is open. You may have a door open switch reading open all the time.
    There's no 'I' in denial.

i put aftermarket one... it works 20+ hihi.

Quote Originally Posted by 44ficus44 View Post
    i put aftermarket one... it works 20+ hihi.
    X2...also try it,with the remote held to your head,,,I swear it works.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chi Dog...Dog is my Co-pilot
    Onward thru the fog
    Leave it BETTER than you found it!

You can also re-route the grey wire under your driver side kick plate to run up the inside of the door jam (under the weather strip). Supposedly that works quite well to increase your range.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Like T4B said, relocating the grey wire (antennae) to the drivers A-pillar can increase your range by a bit. Also, like Scott said, if you point the remote at your temple and press the button you can more than double your range. I have no idea why this works, but it totally does (I'm probably frying my brain cells in the process).

The "Option" button actually activates an Isuzu garage door opener. I think you can still get them, but they connect to your garage door opener and receive the signal from the Option button and then tells your garage door opener to raise or lower the door. Pretty cool.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

Quote Originally Posted by MSHardeman View Post
    I have no idea why this works, but it totally does (I'm probably frying my brain cells in the process).
    Direct Coupling.

The Standing Wave Amplitude Ratio (SWAR) increases by at least 6db because of the direct coupling with your body.

BTW: That's total BS - I just made that up

Your cell phone puts out 2 orders of magnitude more energy than your door locker/unlocker thinggy. I wouldn't worry about frying brain cells (unless you are in critical short supply of course).

Quote Originally Posted by tom4bren View Post
    Direct Coupling.

The Standing Wave Amplitude Ratio (SWAR) increases by at least 6db because of the direct coupling with your body.

BTW: That's total BS - I just made that up

Your cell phone puts out 2 orders of magnitude more energy than your door locker/unlocker thinggy. I wouldn't worry about frying brain cells (unless you are in critical short supply of course).
    I swear it works...My parking is gated...push button...nothing...push button...nothing...Hold to chin or head...push button...gate opens...all from the same distance.My wife even swears by it...that says alot LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Harness View Post
    I swear it works...My parking is gated...push button...nothing...push button...nothing...Hold to chin or head...push button...gate opens...all from the same distance.My wife even swears by it...that says alot LOL
    ROFL. I wasn't poo-pooing the idea, I know that it actually works. I just like saying acronyms like 'SWAR'.

When you get good enough at it to unlock your doors from 50' away & it times out before you get there & re-locks your doors ... lemme know (I'll consider you the 'door flicker meister' and send you all my remotes in deference to your greatness).

BTW, this process does NOT work on IR remotes like the ones for your TV, only RF remotes ... go ahead ... ask me how I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Harness View Post
    X2...also try it,with the remote held to your head,,,I swear it works.
    No joke... It does work...

Holding your remote to your head just looks silly...

...I hold mine under my chin and pretend I'm scratching an itch.

With this method I used to get about 100 yards of range with my Lincoln. I used to freak out the kids skateboarding illegally in our office parking lot, setting off the alarm anytime they got anywhere near my car.
    Gregg
    2001 Proton Yellow #1379

Quote Originally Posted by tom4bren View Post
    ROFL. I wasn't poo-pooing the idea, I know that it actually works. I just like saying acronyms like 'SWAR'.

When you get good enough at it to unlock your doors from 50' away & it times out before you get there & re-locks your doors ... lemme know (I'll consider you the 'door flicker meister' and send you all my remotes in deference to your greatness).

BTW, this process does NOT work on IR remotes like the ones for your TV, only RF remotes ... go ahead ... ask me how I know.
    Yea,I caught that after I posted LOL