Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Over spray error ( How to remove )????

I dropped it off this morning and the guy didn't seem to be to concerned about the over spray he said it would be as good as new. I didn't tell him to remove the Isuzu from the back because my wife gave me Heck. Any way he said he might be able to buff the cladding lightly to bring out a long lasting shine can any of you guys confirm this? If not I will call to tell him not to, But I am sure he knows his stuff so I guess he will be able to determine if it will work out or not. I should be able to pick it up tonight or in the morning so Ill know soon. After this its on to the VW, its the same as far as being covered by the stain but the windows are 100 times worse. The VX has the scratches to but only here and there.

This will take a bit but with time and money ( neither of which I have at this time of corse ) Ill get threw it.

~LOCO~

If he tries to buff the cladding, have him try it in an inconspicuous area in case you don't like the look, or if it damages the cladding. I think it would be pretty hard to buff the cladding.

hey Loco6464...

I'm not sure that this is a good idea regarding "buffing out" cladding especially with a power or machine buffer. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the cladding is made out of PP (polypropylene) or HDPE (high-density polyethylene). Both being 'soft plastics'. Either way, I don't think you can buff it out like acrylic or polycarbonate (hard plastics). If anything, the compound or wax they use along with the machine may scratch in swirl marks into the surface. This method is only good for painted clear-coated painted surfaces like on the metal portions of the body not the plastic cladding. Make sure you have them try it in an inconspicuous area, like AREA 51 suggests, to see if there would be any ill-effects. Good luck and let us know the end-results.
    For custom VehiCross skidplates and accessories, check out:
    www.aftershockproducts.com

I just talked to him and he said it came out 100% like new " No Spots At All" <-- He said. He also said he tried to buff the cladding on the rear under the spare tire where it curves under and he said it wouldn't work but he said he tried a slow speed with a wool pad to test. But at least it should be back to the way it was ( I hope ) I pick it up tonight if I have time after work or Ill get it in the morning on my way to work. I wish I could of had him pull the rear Isuzu off but my wife is a little ticked at the fact I had to shell out 350 for a stupid mistake on my part so I let it go for now..... Notice I did say for now

Well I hope it looks as good as he said. Ill let everyone know tomorrow.

:coolg:

Man it looks better than I ever remember. He was able to get everything off and then some. Its nice to have the new VX back. Now I hope he can work his magic on the VW.

Thanks everyone for all your help.

loco6464, glad to hear it all turned out ok.

Loco6464 - who did the detail for you (name of shop)? I need to get mine done to remove some swirls.

Classic Auto Detail

Classic Auto Detail...

This guy does outstanding work, I am a very picky guy and let me tell you he not only brought my VX back to life but its better looking that I have ever seen. He is a magician. Tell him that Mike with the other VX told you to call (451-5051 ). Good stuff you will not be disappointed, I know I wasn't. I do know that black is hard as heck to keep clean though...

You have any luck with your pics yet? I wish I would have been able to get my Isuzu removed but as mad as my wife is I figured it be better to wait.

Thanks Mike, I'll give him a call. I haven't messed with trying to post pictures yet, my new guage fronts are supposed to be here on the 13th, so I figured once I got those installed, I take pictures of them and the other mods I've done and then figure out how to post them - I'll PM if I have trouble, maybe you can help!

I'm sorry I didn't check this posting sooner, and I really don't know if this would have been any help, but when it comes to pine sap - and I know you said it was overspray that only 'looked' like pine sap - I use RainX. RainX dissolves pine sap on contact. I couldn't help wondering if it would have taken off the overspray as well. I use RainX on the paint as well as the glass and cladding, then wipe thoroughly afterwards...for pine sap.
    Return evil for evil to no one...as far as it depends upon YOU, be peaceable with all men. Romans 12:17, 18