Thread: best intake..based on cost and quality

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by clipper 03 rodeo View Post
    HID's aren't safe to run in your stock reflector headlights anyways, they are meant to use in projectors. No matter how you aim them they will glare pretty bad in your reflector housings and it's a hazard to other drivers. Even though they are more lumens the output still suffers since halogen reflectors are not designed for HID's.
    I've been running HIDs (both hi and lo, think it's 9004) for 3 years (not from the seller you're talking about).
    This is the first I've heard that HIDs shouldn't be used with our stock reflector.

I haven't been flashed once from other drivers.

I know many owners now have HIDs, anybody else had any issue?
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    I've been running HIDs (both hi and lo, think it's 9004) for 3 years (not from the seller you're talking about).
    This is the first I've heard that HIDs shouldn't be used with our stock reflector.

I haven't been flashed once from other drivers.

I know many owners now have HIDs, anybody else had any issue?

This thread might show a little insight - http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/show...d-fail-gallery

There are almost 200 pages there of people posting "fail" pics of people with HID's in their reflector housings, remember these are coming from HID enthusiast, so it's not like they have anything against HID's.

P.S. There are a lot of trucks and cars around my town with HID's in their stock headlights and they blind the heck out of me even though i'm in a lifted SUV, and their headlights are "properly" aimed too. I have flashed quite a few people on the highway with them that blinded me with their low beams, but when I did that they just flash their lights back and blind me even worse, so I know better to do that now. That may be why people don't even bother when they see HID's in non projector headlights. I retrofitted projectors into my Rodeo and have 5000k 35w HID's in them, I can stand right in front of it and stare into my headlights and it doesn't hurt your eyes or anything, yet you have to squint your eyes to look into a reflector with HID's no matter where you stand. Just food for thought..

THANKS for the info Clipper! First I've heard of this!

I am in Sue's boat, my HIDs light up far better than the silverstars ever did.
    As for intake, I got one of the Injen intakes, no codes ever thrown. I pushed the K&N cone filter into the fender opening. Not sure if it buys more power, but it definitely sounds cool

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

No problem Kat! I feel like I may come off as a jerk here sometimes, but i'm just trying to help.

So would anyone be interested in a bolt in K&N intake system for around $200? I posted up on the planet to see if there is any interest (since the VX intake is the same as the later model Rodeo/Troopers) but nothing yet.. I think I may get in touch with my manufacture and have a prototype made for my Rodeo to show how it would look, then there might be a little more interest.