Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Major Engine Problem

Quote Originally Posted by thesilverbullet
    Summer 05' I blew cylinder #1 and and deformed my cam shaft. It took three months for my mechanic to take out the tranny drop the engine, rip it apart, find a cam shaft in the NO had to do some modifications. When all said and done my mechanic only profited 250 on three months work. What a good guy!!!

A year later at 80K I have recently replaced CV Boots, curretly having troubles with my TOD not sure if I just need to do some regular maintence, but just maitenaced 2 months ago. Or may i need the inteceptor, or possibly my rear may be goin out.

When shifting from 2nd to 3rd (AT) TOD goes nuts and makes a winnig sound that seems to be coming from the rear end??

Clueless and short on cash, please help!!!! 99' Silver VX Ironman

What condition are your tires in and are they all the same with even wear? Have you installed anything under the passenger side seat? Also, how's your brakes? Any calipers stickeing or anything like that?
    Live Free or DIE!

We have two '99's with over 80k each. Knock on wood, no problems yet. However, we were running Mobil 1 0w-30 and were losing 1 quart per thousand on one and a little less on the other. Then we recently switched to Mobil 1 truck and suv formula 5w-30. What a difference. Much quieter and less oil use also better mileage. Just did round trip Saratoga to Montreal with the AC blowing and going 70 mph plus and logged a solid 20mpg. You can take it from there.