Thread: Not the VX this time

Not the VX this time

Since I know more than 95% of Land Rover owners will never take it off the pavement I decided I was not going to be part of that percentage.
    I usually take all my cars to their limits, being on the track while racing or on the dirt while offroading.

You have seen my VX offroading before.

The evoque is the perfect balance of both, can go track racing and it moves really good and can do some offroading too. Since I had already used my Evoque trackracing with an OK result I decided it was time for me to go offroading, REAL offroading, not just going off the pavement.

I dont buy cars just as a mode of transportation, I like having fun with them.

I am really satisfied at how the Evoque moved in the dirt, even with such a low vehicle I did not damage anything, I might have scrapped the bottom a bit but no serious damage. I dont remember ever hearing about the Evoque having some fancy electronic blocking diferential or torque vectoring system, I think that would be the only thing missing for the evoque so it can become a true offroader.

I wont ever lift the evoque, but I might actually go with a smaller wheel and mudtires like this video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZ5bm1uGtlw

I did get stuck once and it was while drifting a mud pit. Some mud tires and I would have been unstopable.

I have to say that the evoque is one confortable vehicle while offroading.

This is where I got stuck.

And my favorite picture!

One time I tried to climb one of the hills with my VX with Terra Grapplers and wasnt succesfull but somehow the evoque managed to climb it without a problem on street tires.
    ----------------------
    A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?
    Albert Einstein

Very Nice!! Thanks for sharing!!

Pepino -

You are a brave man! I was interested in the Evoque for a little while. Sticker price of $55K+ deterred me from getting one (it was a dealer demo, white on black, 2,000 miles). I would not have the "cojones" to off-road in that car in fear of damaging any of its components.

Thanks for sharing those great action pics and keep off-roading!! I like both of your vehicles!!!
    Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by VXD959 View Post
    Pepino -

You are a brave man! I was interested in the Evoque for a little while. Sticker price of $55K+ deterred me from getting one (it was a dealer demo, white on black, 2,000 miles). I would not have the "cojones" to off-road in that car in fear of damaging any of its components.

Thanks for sharing those great action pics and keep off-roading!! I like both of your vehicles!!!
    I had a good spotter that prevented me from taking any damage. If I was going by myself I probably would have damaged many many parts!

It is an expensive vehicle to mantain, but I take care of it so now damage was done.

Very nice! Being a turbo 4 banger, I would have this thing running 12's in no time
    96 Eclipse Spyder GSX (already turbo, AWD swap)
    93 Eagle Summit AWD (4G63 turbo swaps)

Such a neat looking car. Loved the look of them as soon as I saw one in person.

It's good looking, but it's still a Nancy.

Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

Quote Originally Posted by Pepino View Post

One time I tried to climb one of the hills with my VX with Terra Grapplers and wasnt succesfull but somehow the evoque managed to climb it without a problem on street tires.
    thats what 13 years worth of awd technological advances will do to a vehicle - heck cell phones 13 years ago looked like bricks and couldnt access the internet

evoque looks awesome though!