Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Vibration till over 50.....need advice for shop

He rotated the tires and then back and the vibration stopped.

The back ones are a tad more worn than the fronts and when the larger ones went on the back it wobbled.

When the shop did your wheel bearings, did they also check and grease the needle roller bearing that the hub axle shaft spins in??
    That little bearing often gets overlooked.

PK
    Now that food has replaced sex in my life -

I can't even get into my own pants!!

so im having lots of wheel shake and seizures at 45 but gets better @ 60? had tires balanced rotated and truck aligned only got a lil beta.. havent checked the steering adjustment i jus learned of in a past thread yet. I was thinkn cv's? any suggestions folks?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]the 2nd mouse gets da cheese

Any popping or binding especially when turning?
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

WOW.. So the steering box adjustment fixed the issue completely! Although it wasn't as easy as it sounded, it probably hadn't been touched in 14 years. Thank you Tone and your many of words of wisdom! God bless your soul and your help from beyond the grave!! So after a few different lube/sprays a little ingenuity lots of cursing and bloody knuckles I was able to free the main adjustment bolt, while trying to hold the flat head screw in the center as per Tones description (that I read on some thread) CAUTION: VX owners of the future do not be in a rush (like I was) and use just any old screwdriver! It is at a very odd angle up against the radiator with little to no room. So I completely stripped out the inner screw. Had to pull out the grinder and fashion up some bits so they were wider, and could grip the screw, but was able to get a full turn or so out of it. Tighten back down the bolt and whahla the steering is tighter than I could have imagined, and all of the bouncing and vibration (which felt very similar to a unbalanced tire) is cured! Good luck everybody. What's next....

I have been having the same problem the last few weeks. The mechanic I took it to said I had a bad drivers side cv shaft and wheel bearing. He admitted he had problems putting the new shaft in and it has not fixed the problem. My husband looked at it and saw the drivers side ball joint had a busted seal and was leaking grease so we fixed that. Still have the same vibration problem. I took it the tire and alignment shop today and they said to rotate and balance the tires which didn't help either. They did say my tires were cupped and would contribute to a vibration, but the vibration between 40 and 60 is horrid. I'm lost as to what to do next!

Upper control arm bushings?