Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PICS: accident, grill kit 3, & Sabrina

PICS: accident, grill kit 3, & Sabrina

hey folks...

Had a rear-end accident this afternoon on the wet and rainy streets on my way to pick up some paint supplies. I came to a stop behind another vehicle and glanced at my rear Van-eyes and saw this civic coming up pretty fast slamming on their brakes. I braced myself for the impact and BOOM! The VX jumped forward but sounded solid. I jumped out and the guy was already had a shocked look on his face. The result, the impact broke off the rear prototype plate which was sandwiched between the civics hood and the gas tank steel plate. There were some cuff marks on the cladding but everything looked intact. His vehicle suffered a caved in hood and a crushed front grill and bumper. Here's a pic of the cladding and gas tank plate w/ paint scuffs.

The rear plate is totalled and will motivate me to finish up the newer prototype to replace it. The tailpipe got dented also and bent downward and to the left. Part of the pipe is leaned up against the frame towards the wheel. Other than a noticeable vibration caused by the shifted exhaust, the VX runs fine.

The following are pics of the next stainless steel grill kit that I had installed about 2 months ago. Will be available for purchase when I get the front side clear lenses done.

Also, wanted to include a recent pic of my little 10 month old angel. Sabrina posing for the camera.

For custom VehiCross skidplates and accessories, check out:
    www.aftershockproducts.com

sorry about the accident, kid kewl

Besides (and good luck) the incident, it's all material and can be replaced. However, after seeing that last picture, I too contribute on the baby picture thread. I present to you all my 8month baby Isabella.

PM: if you want to sell that grille let me know. I am looking for a new one anyway.

As of that tailpipe, I'm pretty sure you can get it back to normal.

Good luck.

Carlos.
    Last edited by CoPiChE : 11/08/2003 at 09:24 PM

My mom always said everything happens for a reason.. Yours,... maybe motivation for that second prototype..
    I'm VERY glad you are ok. It always pains me to hear that a fellow VX'er had an accident. Being a paramedic for 15 years during my youth always gives me cold sweats on what could have been. I hope this finds your well and hope there are no underlying problems. With you or your VX.

BTW Very cute babies!!
    Last edited by Moncha : 11/09/2003 at 02:54 PM
    Scott / moncha.com

Sorry to hear about the accident, glad everyone is ok and the VX only suffered a little bit...

New grill looks sweet, good luck.

Cute kids.

-Dave
    Last edited by Cyrk : 11/09/2003 at 06:42 AM

I guess it is kind of morbid but I like to read the stories of people getting hit, coming out with their VX and their own body effectively unscathed while the other vehicle takes a beating.

Ron,
    Just give us that guys name and address and we'll take care of the rest ,, ahahahaahahahaha... That's my Italian heritage speaking ...LOL....

I hear NOTHING!!

Originally posted by nyc #1 ironman
    Ron,
    Just give us that guys name and address and we'll take care of the rest ,, ahahahaahahahaha... That's my Italian heritage speaking ...LOL....
    Well the guy who hit me was actually being very sincere and accommodating about the whole incident. I even got a call from his Progressive car insurance agent last night who asked more details. So, it looks like everything will be on progress for repair sooner than I thought. The adjuster is expected to see my vehicle some time this week. May be a bleesing in disguise as I was thinking about changing my exhaust tip anyway. This may be the opportune time to do so.

I'm just thankful that my family, especially my daughter Sabrina, was NOT with me at the time of the accident. So far, I woke up with a slightly tender neck and lower back area. So, I've just been taking it easy this weekend. Kinda wished this didn't happen now as I need to finish more non-skidplate orders before I have to break the shop down next week.

Glad to hear you are okay Ron. Please post your experience with Progressive. My sister was hit buy someone with Progressive insurance and it seemed real cool at first because they were so courteous and prompt. In the end, she didn't get half of what she needed to cover the damage. Hopefully, that won't happen to you and it was just an isolated incident with her.

Don't have a picture of a baby yet but will in about 5 months. We already know she is a girl - hope she is as cute as these!

12 Mini Cooper Coupe S fully modded and tuned!, 01 Kaiser VX #1209 RIP, 01 Kaiser VX #0664 Clone
    Congratulations Jennifer! Are you going to be able to keep the VX after the baby? Let me know if you decide to sell because your vx has not been abused yet!
    And you need to try to make it to one of the upcoming meets in Houston.
    Ask forgiveness, not permission.

Exclamation Glad You're O.K.

... The VX is one sturdy son'bi@tch BTW cute baby & nice mods :
    NAVIGATOR

OF COURSE I AM NOT GIVING UP MY VX! Are you crazy?!?;Dp;

My husband can give up his ride and if he is opposed, we can simply get a third 'family car'.

I wonder if they make Recaro baby seats? :laughp:

Recaro does make a baby seat:

http://www.babystyle.com/common/dPro...f=2&siteid=ink

-- John
    John Eaton
    Original Owner
    2001 Proton Yellow #580
    Atlanta GA

http://wildtoys.com/vehicross/
    http://vehicross.blogspot.com/

"Metaphors be with you"

I have this one in my VX, matches really nicely with the black and red interiors...

-Dave