So I do not yet have a VX, but a few are for sale locally. (A first!) I have been interested in them for a couple of years now but the timing has never been right to do anything. As you might assume from my name I am a Pontiac guy by nature, I've owned and restored a couple of classic GTO's and currently own a 2005 GTO. So I am not afraid of wrenching on new or old vehicles. I want to get a VX for a couple reasons, firstly I love to camp and boat and I'd like something rugged to do some back woods camping. Second, winters in KC STINK in a rear wheel drive car with 400HP. Lastly they are so freaking cool. Great idea and execution to have a performance utility vehicle.

Now here's the questions...

I found the questionnaire on the for sale section, so I am going with that with each one I look at, but I wonder. Are these still a worthy investment at this point? How is the overall construction of the chassis and such? I ask because I have seen a garage kept 1988 Nissan 4X4 frame taco from rusting out. Are these built solid where it counts?

With the new generation GTO's there's a list of "known issues" that one looks for before purchase, is there anything I really need to look out for?

Everything seems to be priced in the 6-8K range at this point which is fine I suppose but do I need to look at having an extra 3 or 4 grand for bringing it as close as possible to 100% tip top shape?

What's the expected life expectancy of the drive train? I have seen several with replaced engines and transmissions, is that an expected issue in the first 100-150K?

And then ... you know, I see you guys love these and are passionate about them but give me a real world unbiased opinion of the VehiCROSS ... will it make an old Pontiac guy happy?

Thanks all!
S