Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Merlin no longer employed at St. Charles !!!

wow, that's great to hear. Were they genuine Isuzu parts?
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

even if parts are discontinued, there is always someone out there to fab something
    "THEORETICALLY, STILL A TRUCK!"
    2001 VX
    Mods

2008 HUMMER H3

Thumbs up

Good Luck Merlin, thanks for the help getting parts. Tesla sounds like a great opportunity.

I hope I am still going to get my back ordered parts, let me know if I need to call them or something.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    wow, that's great to hear. Were they genuine Isuzu parts?
    As far as I know, yes. They are still listed as an official Isuzu location on Isuzu.com but the website forwards to Chapman Chevy.

I bought my VX from Chapman Chevy used car lot! Funny story...while signing my papers there was an older couple wanting to test drive an anniversary edition convertable vette. The battery was dead. Instead of grabbing a new battery and throwing it in they made them stand around and wait while they out a charger on it and charged it! I remember thinking they must not of wanted to sale that vette very bad. The couple looked like they were ready to buy...I would have walked out the door!
    Luckily my transaction went a lot smoother!
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Can somebody like Baldwin (who knows these folks) make contact with Isuzu and find out what they recommend?

They will probably recommend you buy a new car.

Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete View Post
    They will probably recommend you buy a new car.
    most likely not, since there are no new isuzus to buy. Lol

Just placed an order through Phil, says "backordered", but doesn't say discontinued. Will be interestting to see how long or if I ever get it. Phil said it could be 6-8 MONTHS!

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    Phil said it could be 6-8 MONTHS!
    some of us, not you Sue, are old enough to remember the old days and British sport cars (and forgetaboutit if it was Italian). It had better not been your daily driver cause 6 to 8 months waiting for parts was the norm.

good luck Merlin,
    Last edited by rowhard : 10/22/2013 at 11:35 AM
    Greetings, Earthling. We come in peace... Never mind "Paris to Dakar", the VehiCROSS looks ready for the Martian desert.

Thumbs up

I got my backordered part on Friday so everything seems to be fine. I am not sure who our contact is going to be for parts but I will bet St. Charles has someone we can order from. I guess we will find out when someone calls them to order some parts.

Quote Originally Posted by CatFish View Post
    I got my backordered part on Friday so everything seems to be fine. I am not sure who our contact is going to be for parts but I will bet St. Charles has someone we can order from. I guess we will find out when someone calls them to order some parts.
    See in Post #1 and #39 -name is "Phil".

OK I missed the #39 post where you mention talking to Phil, but the #1 post just says Phil told you he did not work there, I did not interpret that to mean he was the new contact. Either way should I ask for Phil or will any of the guys there order parts for us?

Quote Originally Posted by CatFish View Post
    OK I missed the #39 post where you mention talking to Phil, but the #1 post just says Phil told you he did not work there, I did not interpret that to mean he was the new contact. Either way should I ask for Phil or will any of the guys there order parts for us?
    He's answered the phone twice now when I asked for Isuzu Parts, so I'm just guessing he may be "the guy", but not sure if there's anybody "officially" designated. I figure since I've talked to him twice and so did another member, (and told him I was part of the Vehicross group) I'd just keep asking for him.

Bought from St. Charles

So I recently had to buy items for my VX because it's starting to get to be that age for the car to replace things...

I blew out my catalytic converter last month. Being in CA, and the new laws that passed, I had to get OEM parts. So I had to buy 2 cats. I went to Merlin and he ordered them from a place in Detroit (and might have been the last ones they had). So that was a month ago. Then last week, I noticed my windshield washer reservoir was leaking, and my mechanic said I need a new pump. So I went to call Merlin again. When I asked for him, they said he was no longer employed there. Then they transferred me to Phil. I asked Phil, and he said that Merlin had moved on. So, ok. I asked him about the pump, and he quoted me $41. At the time, I was also on the web looking at the part on their website, and it said the regular price was $41, and the sale price is $36. I told Phil that, and he said, "yeah, that's our web price. I could give you that."

So call Phil if you want to check availability, but also check on www.stcharlesautoparts.com first for the sale price.

Now I might just have to buy a Tesla. Their main office is just down the street...