Thread: Hallowharrie 2013

Hallowharrie 2013

A fairly uneventful trip. Before I left, I told the wife I had a bad feeling, haven't broken anything on the trail in a few years.
    Low and behold, hit the passenger lower control arm, no worries there, but it also tore the sway bar bushing bracket off. I tried to remove the sway arm, but those nuts were rusted on too much. Gonna have to cut them off. I just hammered the bracket down so it wouldn't bang around too much and ordered new links. Still have an extra set of greasable bushings from Indy from a few years ago. Not sure why I have an extra set?
    Not a problem, drove fine, just annoying rattle.
    I managed to crack the weld on my hitch where I welded it to the frame...lol. Not completely, but enough that I need to fix it tomorrow.
    I also played in the soup bowl. A big mud pit. The mud went all the way to the hump in the door. I went nice and slow, looked like someone painted butterscotch down the side of the truck. Hitch was completely submerged, and at some point, I got mud in the auto tensioner pulley. Already ordered a new one, and the alternator is fine
    Other than that, no problems.

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

OK, I'll be the one to say it... PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!!!
    Sent from my "two hands on a keyboard"

I have a spare Passenger lower control arm in excellent shape if you need one.
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Thanks Sue, but not needed. It just bent the lip on the control arm. Totally ripped the sway bar bracket right off, broke the stud and all. Not a big deal, just a PITA.
    Pics are tough to take when you are inside the vehicle...
    There were only 4 trucks this year, the shutdown of the campgrounds forced most people to back out in advance. Oh well, at least I got a few days of trail time in!