Tonight, I was working on replacing my thermostat, and i took the intake off, and was getting ready to undo the thermo housing, and i looked back by where the fuel lines attach to the fuel rail, and i noticed something disconnected.

Running on top of the transmission are two rubber lines that are held in place with a yellowish bracket just below the bellhousing. then the two lines meet together with a fitting that make the two lines into one line, and this connection is up on the bellhousing, just behind where the bellhousing meets the engine block. I just had the transmission rebuilt, and dont know if it was left disconnected, or if its something i did tonight, (which i doubt, because i have gotten pretty good at replacing the thermostat)

any idea where this hose connection goes? looks like it could be a cooling line going to the transmission. the metal connection that combines the two hoses together is only a 1/4" or so ID.

Need to get the truck out of my parents garage (man, that sounds really slackerish), before they get home from a two week journey in their 29 Model A Ford! dont have my manuals handy, and this should have only taken a couple of hours, but now, finding this hose has stalled everything.

all help, as always, is appreciated