Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: FrankenStein it's alive!

FrankenStein it's alive!

Warning!! Some of the pics in this thread are shocking, painfull, horrific & grotesque. I bought a VX the other day. The transformation of this rig was already done. I posted a couple of pics in my gallery. Well today I put some 33" tires on it, that were in my basement. This rig still needs work. I got temp tags yesterday. The radiator is leaking. It is fun as hell to drive. The drive train is a 2001 dodge 1500 4x4. Welded to the vx frame. Remember I didn't create it. I need a few parts, help, & some love. Can I post pics in this thread?

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    YUP.....

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenstein View Post
    Can I post pics in this thread?
    Any pics you've uploaded to your gallery can be attached to posts here.

Look at the stuff on the right...below the 'smilies' where it says "My Pics"

Click the 'open' tab...and then click on pics in your gallery that you want
    to show in this thread.

They will show as thumbnails, unless you remove the 'thumbs' part of the link script.

Hope that makes sense!

Jo
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Frankenstein looks better with the tires I put on today.
    I had some 33" tires I wasn't using.

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    You NEED to bring "that" to Moab in May

Jo

Not this coming year. There are a list of stuff to fix. It didn't come with a front driveshaft or even sunroof glass. I found a driveshaft, radiator & spare rim on Craig's list. I will try to get those today. All dodge parts. The driveshaft will probably have to be cut down & balanced. I need to do that to the rear one also. I think its too tight & never was balanced. Now back to the sunroof glass. Did Isuzu use that sunroof in other models ? Or is it a VX part only? Is there anybody on here in my general area? Akron, Cleveland Ohio

Any engine compartment images?
    John Eaton
    Original Owner
    2001 Proton Yellow #580
    Atlanta GA

http://wildtoys.com/vehicross/
    http://vehicross.blogspot.com/

"Metaphors be with you"

Not this coming year. There are a list of stuff to fix. It didn't come with a front driveshaft or even sunroof glass. I found a driveshaft, radiator & spare rim on Craig's list. I will try to get those today. All dodge parts. The driveshaft will probably have to be cut down & balanced. I need to do that to the rear one also. I think its too tight & never was balanced.
    If the rear drive shaft feels to tight or out of balance, it's possible it just needs to be lubed at the grease fittings.

Now back to the sunroof glass. Did Isuzu use that sunroof in other models ? Or is it a VX part only? Is there anybody on here in my general area? Akron, Cleveland Ohio
    Try looking through any receipts that may have come with the rig for more specific info, because sunroofs weren't offered stock in the VX, so it's most likely an aftermarket purchase...or from the sound of it...also quite possibly a Dodge sunroof out of some model vehicle from that brand since that's where all the other donor parts came from. I think your best bet for info on that one is going to be to talk to the previous owner again.

The engine compartment is a good place to start. I haven't done anything under the hood yet. It has been hacked up. Look at the wheel tubs. It has the dodge computer & radiator, plus the dodge 360.

So did they keep the stock gauges?

Quote Originally Posted by Y33TREKker View Post
    If the rear drive shaft feels to tight or out of balance, it's possible it just needs to be lubed at the grease fittings. sunroofs weren't offered stock in the VX, so it's most likely an aftermarket purchase...or from the sound of it...also quite possibly a Dodge sunroof out of some model vehicle from that brand since that's where all the other donor parts came from.
    I have looked at dodge rear drive shafts they stick out 1&1/2" farther than mine. My sunroof looks very stock. I can take a pic. It's power and has a factory looking sun shade in the headliner
    Well my dodge radiator is smaller than the full size one. So I'm still looking for that. I did get a spare dodge rim & the front drive shaft today. It needs to be cut down. But I sold the old tires for $175 on Craig's list today! :

Quote Originally Posted by vt_maverick View Post
    So did they keep the stock gauges?
    No, they were hacked out! I have a dodge instrument cluster. I will get a pic tomorrow after work. Oh the horror! This pic will be a hard pill to swallow!!!

Ha! I just took this teaser pic in the dark.
    Hard to see all the gore in this pic.

99 Matte Midnight Sand Met... oh nevermind. VX #0377...Project ZU
    Hell yeah, full width axles!!! Forget the 33s, you need 37s to fit that lift franky.

Good chance the sunroof is a Hollander. Several have had them installed and they look factory.
    One thing I would definately fix is getting some beefier suspension links made or at a minimum beefing up the ones on there (sleeving them). Especially if you plan on taking it off road...from the pics, the current ones look pretty anemic.
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

YUP...

Quote Originally Posted by VXorado View Post
    Hell yeah, full width axles!!! Forget the 33s, you need 37s to fit that lift franky.

Jo