Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: scared meself!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Y33TREKker View Post
    What success? Your original idea was a crossover tube between BOTH valve covers, not a vent filter on ONE valve cover (which you incidentally referred to towards the very beginning when referencing a thread where ...

Have you forgotten that I have the oil catch can on the left bank? That, with the vent on the right bank 'SHOULD' yield the same results as the crossover tube & the oil catch can. The only reason to push on with the crossover tube instead of stopping at the vent filter is for environmental reasons, not oil consumption. The only reason to stop at the vent filter rather than moving on to the crossover tube is the work involved. I'll have to drill a hole in my right valve cover somehow without introducing metal shavings into the oil. Mebbe I'll just re-use the modified oil cap.

I described having made THAT very modification to MY VX over a year ago.)

So glad YOU invented that for us. How can we ever thank you enough. Too bad you didn't get a patent on it so you could've made a meeeeelion dollars off of your brainstorm.

You can't claim that your project was a success when the project you're now referencing wasn't even the same project you started out talking about...unless of course you believe everyone has THAT short of an attention span...which is somewhat insulting to say the least in my opinion.

Dude ... take credit where credit is due. You've been AR about the whole issue, so I came up with the idea for the incremental step. If you hadn't brow beaten me so bad about how stooopid I am, I prolly would've just gone out & punched a hole in my valve cover with a punch & mallet then duct taped a tube in place. Sarcasm aside: if you could've removed the blinders long enough to embrace the technical approach instead of deficating insults, you'd realize that there is potential in what I'm trying to do. "You fart with your mouth" (IIRC from the movie 'Little Big Man').

At least you apparently had Scott fooled though, although how much of a success can actually be claimed in that regard is debatable.

I have no response to that
    I guess I owe you my thought process in claiming a partial success.
    Last edited by tom4bren : 01/17/2014 at 10:07 AM
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

'01, Proton Yellow, 1028. '01, Gunmetal Metallic, 1033.
    Ah yes, WD-40 the other nectar of the Gods...the God of all things mechanical, the God of all things electrical, the God of all things metal, the God of all things plastic, the God of all things rusty, the God of all things gunky, the God of all things etc, etc, etc...You do know they sell that stuff in 55 gallon drums right?
    Vixer Fixer

DANG ... it does all that???

I've just been using it to remove sticker residue & polish my cladding.

Now I'll hafta run out & buy me a 55 gal drum.

Don't forget the industrial sprayer to apply it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Larson View Post
    Don't forget the industrial sprayer to apply it!!
    Not needed. I'll just use the one from my suntan lotion.

Had to add some oil at the 3rd fill up (~1/2 quart) ... but it's much mo betta than before.

EDIT:

This is good enough for me to decide that the crossover tube is worth the effort (sorta). I'll probably not put it on the Amigo just yet ... but since the valve covers are still not installed on Boy's Ebony, I'll definitely install the port on the right bank before I put them back on.
    Last edited by tom4bren : 01/17/2014 at 12:30 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Larson View Post
    And Trekkie my boy, you will never have me fooled...
    The thing you're still missing is that I don't HAVE to fool you Scott.

It's obvious that you already have YOURSELF fooled regarding this subject, and if I then went out of MY way to try to fool you, I'd fall into the same category of piling-on that you and your safety-in-numbers cohorts always seem to have to resort to...as further witnessed by the comments that followed your post I just quoted.

It's also obvious that you and some of your friends still don't want to accept or admit it, but I'm actually trying to help you (although mostly this message board) when I suggest that it's the attitude you're displaying here that is counter-productive. But, it's become obvious that you'll never acknowledge that about my comments, so maybe you'll listen to what this girl had to say about the topic.

http://http://mostlywater.org/cliques_retard_growth

Have a nice weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    Ya know, the saddest part of your comment...
    That's one way to look at it Kat, and it's entirely understandable why YOU would choose to view it that way given your past history of commenting in these threads.

Quote Originally Posted by tom4bren View Post
    I'm sorry that my logic escapes you.
    You just keep telling yourself that Tom, since you don't even seem to understand that the only change you've made to your system that resulted in your recent results was the vent filter.

If you'd simply added your crossover tube, your current results might actually count towards proving your "logic", but facts are facts, that ISN'T what you did.

And I'm glad to hear that your oil consumption has supposedly decreased, just as glad as I'd be to hear that from ANYONE who owns a VX with the oil consumption problem, but it's obvious that your quest to prove that you're never wrong about anything (jokingly of course ) is obviously clouding the objectivity of your original project results...which logically...by your own admission...you haven't even completed yet.

... the only change you've made to your system that resulted in your recent results was the vent filter.

And I'm glad to hear that your oil consumption has supposedly decreased ...
    UMMM, Nope. I'd already seen a 50% decrease in oil consumption when I added the catch can. There was still too much consumption for my taste so then I moved on to ensure maximum ventillation by adding the crossover tube or vent on the other side. Another significant decrease but still not enough.

Next I'll try Seafoam or Rotella before the oil change. It has become my personnal vendetta to find the cure (short of an engine rebuild).

& thanks for the kind words. I'm probably now back to the acceptable limit for Isuzu (1 qt every 1000 miles). I was burning a quart every 300 miles.

That's one way to look at it Kat, and it's entirely understandable why YOU would choose to view it that way given your past history of commenting in these threads.
    Watch it Dude. KAT is good people (she's helped out a lot more people on this forum than you have) & I wuz raised to protect our wimmin folks.

I'll repeat what Tom posted in an unrelated thread, let's take these "yellow-shoelace" contests elsewhere (like to PM's) and keep this crap off the open forum pages. It's all getting really, really old!

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    IMO, this is actually very interesting...

...and worth discussing, despite my recent commentary.

The article essentially defines 'cliques' as groups of generically like minded people that
    act alike, think alike, dress alike etc...and parlays that into the "mob mentality" sphere
    that you are so fond of accusing your detractors of falling victim to.
    And, IMO.. rightly advances the opinion that this type of behavior "retards" ( not a word I approve of) growth.
    So yea, I agree... the sentiment of this article you hang your hat on is very valid.

The problem is, and where your hypothesis falls apart...
    ...nothing could be further removed from the truth relative to people here.

You have been censured by individuals that encompass :-

Staunch Republicans, AND Staunch Democrats
    Life long NRA'ers, and life long gun haters.
    Confirmed religious people, and confirmed atheist and agnostics.
    Pro Choice and Pro Life
    Climate change believers and Climate change refuters
    Pro ACA and radically anti ACA.
    Pro gay marriage, and VERY anti gay marriage.
    members who donate, and members that dont
    McDonalds lovers, and Burger king lovers.
    Miley fans, Miley haters !!

....etc etc!

I think you get the drift.

The fact is, even though the VX brings us all together in ONE love..

...we are in reality a VERY diverse and eclectic group of people.

Personally, its one of the MAIN reasons I enjoy the friendship of many here.
    They do have very different stances on many aspects of life, compared to mine.

And we do push each other to question our views ...

I say that as fact, having had NUMEROUS discussion re politics/abortion/guns etc
    with many members, and many that are also chastising you here.

We are IN NO WAY 'retarded' in our growth ....

In fact I would suggest that the cross meeting/interacting of such a diverse group....

......has led to the exact opposite.

I know it has for me and I know others have voiced the very same.

You are not being "attacked' by a mob or clique of typically like minded people....

What you are seeing is nothing more than a consensus of opinion from a very diverse group of individuals...
    ..... that happen to agree on this issue.

Jo
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

UMMM, Nope. I'd already seen a 50% decrease in oil consumption when I added the catch can.
    You should have specified that in your post about your "success" then, because in the context of this thread, it's debatable that that's ALL you were implying in an effort to try to make the point you've been trying to make.

Watch it Dude. KAT is good people (she's helped out a lot more people on this forum than you have) & I wuz raised to protect our wimmin folks.
    Mind your own business Dude. Kat is a grownup who apparently decided to participate in this thread and make the comments about me that she did of her own free will.

If she's going to take such actions, she has to accept that there may be consequences...just as I knowingly do when I voice the opinions here that I do.

And anyway, Kat has helped me with parts in the past too, and I've helped her with electromechanical suggestions for some of the VX issues she's had, but none of that seemed to make any difference in this case, so apparently it doesn't count as warranting your "protection"...so take your idle threats elsewhere.