Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast

Thread: scared meself!!!

Speaking of reflecting... My suggestion...
    My life improved with this simple act & I am able to get through threads way faster now! I was able to read all of this thread in under an hour & I did not once get pissed off! Both are quite a feat considering the parties involved! Of course, every time someone is quoted I have the option of reading that which was once hidden. Still, reading one of those quotes is kind of like, "Read one you've read them all." after 5 years of this crap. On the flip-side - there are about 40 people in my "buddies" list... again, quite a feat considering the parties involved.
    Sent from my "two hands on a keyboard"

In other news... How's the cross-over tube coming, Thor? Don't give me any crap about:
    "It's too cold..."
    "There's too much snow..."
    "I can't get to the engine bay because my tires stick out so far..."
    "Trek was right..."

'01, Proton Yellow, 1028. '01, Gunmetal Metallic, 1033.
    "Trek was right", now that right there was fuuunnny!!!!
    Vixer Fixer

Seriously, Cap't KIRK, do you have ANY friends?

If by chance you do, I sure don't know how you don't bore them to death with your relentless repetition, ad nauseum,
    in your rants "quoting" everybody, and about how everybody else in the world is at fault, and never, EVER you!

Must be a real beotich having the whole world (you know, like the "mob" here) pickin' on ya, eh?,
    especially knowing they are ALL wrong, every one of them! (well, except for Toadie, but he's apparently confused about many things )

It sure must be hard knowing you're the only one that's ever right. What a burden! Sheesh!
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Quote Originally Posted by ZEUS View Post
    In other news... How's the cross-over tube coming, Thor? Don't give me any crap about:
    "It's too cold..."
    "There's too much snow..."
    "I can't get to the engine bay because my tires stick out so far..."
    "Trek was right..."
    OK Zeus. I won't feed you a line of crap.

I'm just not through procrastinating yet!!!

The Proton isn't using oil so the test will be done on the Amigo with the 3.2L

It's the one using a quart every 500 miles. I'm wondering if it's using so much because it's a 5 spd so much more engine braking??? thoughts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Tom, I would think that might apply if you're over-revving the engine on downshifts...doesn't sound like something you would do though.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Larson View Post
    No prob M'dawg! How's the weather in sunny Cali?? Bet it's alot warmer then Northern Minnesnowta...I'm guessin' by about 80 degrees!!
    Kinda depends where you are in California. Jo's nice and snuggy down in San Diego. Up here in Hesperia, it colder than a well digger's arse. Well, not as cold as where you are Scott. Here's a sampling of cities in Calif.

Hesperia, CA (92345) - Clear, 27°
    Tuesday47° / 26° Wednesday53° / 33° Thursday54° / 35° Friday56° / 35° ...

Lake Arrowhead, CA (92407) - Partly Cloudy, 18°
    Tuesday43° / 28° Wednesday48° / 33° Thursday49° / 37° Friday48° / 35° ...

Long Beach, CA (90802) - Mostly Cloudy, 42°
    Tuesday65° / 40° Wednesday68° / 42° Thursday68° / 46° Friday68° / 45° ...

Santa Fe Springs, CA (90670) - Clear, 48°
    Tuesday67° / 39° Wednesday69° / 44° Thursday69° / 47° Friday69° / 46° ...

Rancho Cucamonga, CA (91730) - Mostly Cloudy, 39°
    Tuesday63° / 37° Wednesday66° / 39° Thursday67° / 42° Friday65° / 41° ...
    3" suspension lift, shocks: Rancho 9000, tires 33"x11.5", wheels 16"x8", offset= 0, no front sway bar

Quote Originally Posted by tom4bren View Post
    OK Zeus. I won't feed you a line of crap.

I'm just not through procrastinating yet!!!

The Proton isn't using oil so the test will be done on the Amigo with the 3.2L

It's the one using a quart every 500 miles. I'm wondering if it's using so much because it's a 5 spd so much more engine braking??? thoughts.
    I decided to stop procrastinating... tomorrow.
    I would think the 3.2 would consume more oil because it's a 3.2. Really though there could be so many variables to the differences between the two individual motors. Maybe the 3.2 air filter wasn't changed as much, maybe the oil wasn't changed as much, maybe it was in a dirtier climate. The use of A/C or the Defrost applies engine braking as well sooo... allow me to if you were to FINALLY swap in an electric fan you would lessen the effect of engine braking as well as improve throttle response.

Come on ZEUS, we likearound here!!

...or get a bong, either way...
    Last edited by evillecutter : 12/10/2013 at 12:36 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Larson View Post
    Really Trekk, you still don't get it? You have shown a flagrant disregard for the written word! I for one would love to meet you in person so as to discuss, face to face, your apparent misconception of what is actually being said! You've demonstrated your complete lack of comprehension of who said what and where in post 85 (That I immortalized in post 93), in which you accused me of "character assassinations" of you in a donations-drive thread started by a long-time, dedicated member, a thread that I was not even involved in and that only you took as offensive. Let's cut the crap Trekkie, there is no one else, save Toadie, that agrees with any of your BS rhetoric. You are wrong on so many counts that it is beyond rediculous, you've proven it time and time again! you are so caught-up in yourself and your own self-perceived rightiousness that you cannot see any other point of view! Get a clue and then, if only for yourself, get a LIFE!!! These are for you , and this one is for Toadie !
    I'm sorry, did you say something? All I keep hearing from you is yap! yap! yap!

We get it though, you've offered to meet in person from afar. We're all duly impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by JoFotoz View Post
    You are correct Trekker...

By saying "do you even read what is written"..

...I made a great error of assumption.

I assumed ( foolishly) that when I said :-

To the point of wondering if perhaps you are the master prankster..

....and simply winding everyone up

(which is essentially a tip of the hat to you for a great prank...)

....you would understand that "to the point of" indicated much additional discussion.

So let me be CRYSTAL CLEAR.

Many have questioned their own interpretation of your words.
    Many have asked others if they are missing something.
    Many have sought a second opinion in case they are out of line.

Etc..etc.

The "self-reflecting" taking part on-the-phone/in PM's/etc WAS NOT a matter of simply discussing what all of us thought was wrong with YOU.

There was plenty of PERSONAL reflecting taking place....by many.

If I didnt make this CLEAR from the get go...I trust I do now.

I also hope that rather than pick this post apart piece by piece...
    ... you will comprehend my overall gist and intent, and understand that
    the original post about self reflection (both by me personally & by others) was genuine.

And that perhaps if you have not already done so, you might consider it.

Jo
    Fair enough. You've reflected. Obviously though, it just wasn't enough, because here you still are laying ALL this b.s. at my feet. Once again, convenient.

This is just friendly banter, right?

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    Seriously, Cap't KIRK, do you have ANY friends?

If by chance you do, I sure don't know how you don't bore them to death with your relentless repetition, ad nauseum,
    in your rants "quoting" everybody, and about how everybody else in the world is at fault, and never, EVER you!

Must be a real beotich having the whole world (you know, like the "mob" here) pickin' on ya, eh?,
    especially knowing they are ALL wrong, every one of them! (well, except for Toadie, but he's apparently confused about many things )

It sure must be hard knowing you're the only one that's ever right. What a burden! Sheesh!
    Wow, Cap't Kirk? How clever.

All I'll say since you've jumped into the fray is that you should really think more about what your pals are actually doing, saying, and promoting here before you jump on their bandwagon, because it ends up reflecting badly on you too Kat, especially when it seems to be mainly what you're using to make the assumptions about me that you are.

As you've obviously misinterpreted, I've never categorized it as EVERYONE here who has illustrated the attitude I've been referring to. As a matter of fact, I've said on multiple occasions that I've received messages from many people who rarely post here who have stated that it's the attitude of some of the regulars that makes them NOT want to post here...because a lot of YOU exhibit the attitude that YOU'RE never wrong. And while it obviously seems to make you feel better about yourself to make that assumption about me, and that I have no friends, and that there are no members here who agree with me, that doesn't mean YOU'RE right.

It's interesting that all of you always want to make it about who is "right" and who is "wrong" though, when all I've ever really done is suggest that the attitude some of you illustrate on this website makes you look less like the kind of "family" who lives and let's live, and more like a family that has as it's motto, "Be like us and give us your money to help us keep this website up and running, or just stay the hell away!"

What can I say, not the kind of family I generally like hanging out with, but if YOU and YOUR pals here are happy, that's all that apparently matters, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Maddawg View Post
    This is just friendly banter, right?
    Funny how it all looks when the same attitude of some of the regulars here is reflected right back at them isn't it?

And surprise, surprise, THEY don't like it when it happens to them, but apparently see nothing wrong with it when THEY do it to others.