Thread: scared meself!!!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Y33TREKker View Post
    What success? Your original idea was a crossover tube between BOTH valve covers, not a vent filter on ONE valve cover (which you incidentally referred to towards the very beginning when referencing a thread where ...

Have you forgotten that I have the oil catch can on the left bank? That, with the vent on the right bank 'SHOULD' yield the same results as the crossover tube & the oil catch can. The only reason to push on with the crossover tube instead of stopping at the vent filter is for environmental reasons, not oil consumption. The only reason to stop at the vent filter rather than moving on to the crossover tube is the work involved. I'll have to drill a hole in my right valve cover somehow without introducing metal shavings into the oil. Mebbe I'll just re-use the modified oil cap.

I described having made THAT very modification to MY VX over a year ago.)

So glad YOU invented that for us. How can we ever thank you enough. Too bad you didn't get a patent on it so you could've made a meeeeelion dollars off of your brainstorm.

You can't claim that your project was a success when the project you're now referencing wasn't even the same project you started out talking about...unless of course you believe everyone has THAT short of an attention span...which is somewhat insulting to say the least in my opinion.

Dude ... take credit where credit is due. You've been AR about the whole issue, so I came up with the idea for the incremental step. If you hadn't brow beaten me so bad about how stooopid I am, I prolly would've just gone out & punched a hole in my valve cover with a punch & mallet then duct taped a tube in place. Sarcasm aside: if you could've removed the blinders long enough to embrace the technical approach instead of deficating insults, you'd realize that there is potential in what I'm trying to do. "You fart with your mouth" (IIRC from the movie 'Little Big Man').

At least you apparently had Scott fooled though, although how much of a success can actually be claimed in that regard is debatable.

I have no response to that
    I guess I owe you my thought process in claiming a partial success.
    Last edited by tom4bren : 01/17/2014 at 10:07 AM