Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: scared meself!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    ...any you guys feel intimidated???...I thought not...
    Funny that the thought of online intimidation would be brought up by you of all people.

Seems proof that despite repeated suggestions, you've STILL not looked up that psychological definition of "projection".

(Feeling intimidated VXR?...I thought not...)

What???

No comment about my apparant success???
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Quote Originally Posted by tom4bren View Post
    What???

No comment about my apparant success???
    What success? Your original idea was a crossover tube between BOTH valve covers, not a vent filter on ONE valve cover (which you incidentally referred to towards the very beginning when referencing a thread where I described having made THAT very modification to MY VX over a year ago.)

You can't claim that your project was a success when the project you're now referencing wasn't even the same project you started out talking about...unless of course you believe everyone has THAT short of an attention span...which is somewhat insulting to say the least in my opinion.

At least you apparently had Scott fooled though, although how much of a success can actually be claimed in that regard is debatable.

Quote Originally Posted by Y33TREKker View Post
    What success? Your original idea was a crossover tube between BOTH valve covers, not a vent filter on ONE valve cover (which you incidentally referred to towards the very beginning when referencing a thread where I described having made THAT very modification to MY VX over a year ago.)

You can't claim that your project was a success when the project you're now referencing wasn't even the same project you started out talking about...unless of course you believe everyone has THAT short of an attention span...which is somewhat insulting to say the least in my opinion.

At least you apparently had Scott fooled though, although how much of a success can actually be claimed in that regard is debatable.
    Ya know, the saddest part of your comment above TREK is that Tom's comment in post #194 was a JOKE....a funny.....a moment of levity to make the reader smile or chuckle. .....but ....hmmm, what's that phrase YOU so often use ...."you didn't get it".

If you did "get it", then there's no need to go off into the detailed, all serious attitude, nit-picking on the technicalities of the oil/catch can/bypass/crossover thingy and who said what, or who said what FIRST over a year ago and made that mod to YOUR VX over a year ago. Wohoo, OK, you win, you're first TREK. Make ya feel better?

Meanwhile, Scott L, T4B, and myself, (and perhaps others here) are all ROFL at Tom's funny comment, and enjoying ourselves and our friendship here.
    What's in your wallet?
    VX KAT
    ....the adventure BEGINS ANEW! ...2015......
    Remember that life is not measured in the breaths you take, but rather in the moments that take your breath away.

Quote Originally Posted by VX KAT View Post
    Ya know, the saddest part of your comment...
    That's one way to look at it Kat, and it's entirely understandable why YOU would choose to view it that way given your past history of commenting in these threads.

That's one way to look at it Kat, and it's entirely understandable why YOU would choose to view it that way given your past history of commenting in these threads.
    Watch it Dude. KAT is good people (she's helped out a lot more people on this forum than you have) & I wuz raised to protect our wimmin folks.

Watch it Dude. KAT is good people (she's helped out a lot more people on this forum than you have) & I wuz raised to protect our wimmin folks.
    Mind your own business Dude. Kat is a grownup who apparently decided to participate in this thread and make the comments about me that she did of her own free will.

If she's going to take such actions, she has to accept that there may be consequences...just as I knowingly do when I voice the opinions here that I do.

And anyway, Kat has helped me with parts in the past too, and I've helped her with electromechanical suggestions for some of the VX issues she's had, but none of that seemed to make any difference in this case, so apparently it doesn't count as warranting your "protection"...so take your idle threats elsewhere.

I'm sorry that my logic escapes you.

I'm sorry that my logic escapes you.
    You just keep telling yourself that Tom, since you don't even seem to understand that the only change you've made to your system that resulted in your recent results was the vent filter.

If you'd simply added your crossover tube, your current results might actually count towards proving your "logic", but facts are facts, that ISN'T what you did.

And I'm glad to hear that your oil consumption has supposedly decreased, just as glad as I'd be to hear that from ANYONE who owns a VX with the oil consumption problem, but it's obvious that your quest to prove that you're never wrong about anything (jokingly of course ) is obviously clouding the objectivity of your original project results...which logically...by your own admission...you haven't even completed yet.

... the only change you've made to your system that resulted in your recent results was the vent filter.

And I'm glad to hear that your oil consumption has supposedly decreased ...
    UMMM, Nope. I'd already seen a 50% decrease in oil consumption when I added the catch can. There was still too much consumption for my taste so then I moved on to ensure maximum ventillation by adding the crossover tube or vent on the other side. Another significant decrease but still not enough.

Next I'll try Seafoam or Rotella before the oil change. It has become my personnal vendetta to find the cure (short of an engine rebuild).

& thanks for the kind words. I'm probably now back to the acceptable limit for Isuzu (1 qt every 1000 miles). I was burning a quart every 300 miles.

UMMM, Nope. I'd already seen a 50% decrease in oil consumption when I added the catch can.
    You should have specified that in your post about your "success" then, because in the context of this thread, it's debatable that that's ALL you were implying in an effort to try to make the point you've been trying to make.

UMMM, Nope. I'd already seen a 50% decrease in oil consumption when I added the catch can. There was still too much consumption for my taste so then I moved on to ensure maximum ventillation by adding the crossover tube or vent on the other side. Another significant decrease but still not enough.

Next I'll try Seafoam or Rotella before the oil change. It has become my personnal vendetta to find the cure (short of an engine rebuild).

& thanks for the kind words. I'm probably now back to the acceptable limit for Isuzu (1 qt every 1000 miles). I was burning a quart every 300 miles.
    So how are you gauging your test results? Do you commute to work & burn through a tank every week? I wonder if one tank per experiment gives an accurate comparison... ? Do you think outside temp has anything to do with it? Like summer versus winter? I never did any tests regarding oil consumption or burn or whatever is going on.
    Sent from my "two hands on a keyboard"

What success? Your original idea was a crossover tube between BOTH valve covers, not a vent filter on ONE valve cover (which you incidentally referred to towards the very beginning when referencing a thread where ...

Have you forgotten that I have the oil catch can on the left bank? That, with the vent on the right bank 'SHOULD' yield the same results as the crossover tube & the oil catch can. The only reason to push on with the crossover tube instead of stopping at the vent filter is for environmental reasons, not oil consumption. The only reason to stop at the vent filter rather than moving on to the crossover tube is the work involved. I'll have to drill a hole in my right valve cover somehow without introducing metal shavings into the oil. Mebbe I'll just re-use the modified oil cap.

I described having made THAT very modification to MY VX over a year ago.)

So glad YOU invented that for us. How can we ever thank you enough. Too bad you didn't get a patent on it so you could've made a meeeeelion dollars off of your brainstorm.

Dude ... take credit where credit is due. You've been AR about the whole issue, so I came up with the idea for the incremental step. If you hadn't brow beaten me so bad about how stooopid I am, I prolly would've just gone out & punched a hole in my valve cover with a punch & mallet then duct taped a tube in place. Sarcasm aside: if you could've removed the blinders long enough to embrace the technical approach instead of deficating insults, you'd realize that there is potential in what I'm trying to do. "You fart with your mouth" (IIRC from the movie 'Little Big Man').

I have no response to that
    I guess I owe you my thought process in claiming a partial success.
    Last edited by tom4bren : 01/17/2014 at 10:07 AM

(Feeling intimidated VXR?...I thought not...)
    No but I scared meself

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Thumbs up

Funny that the thought of online intimidation would be brought up by you of all people.
    I was quoting you, f'tard...

Quote Originally Posted by VXR View Post
    No but I scared meself
    That mirror can be a real BITCH !