Thread: scared meself!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tom4bren View Post
    I'm sorry that my logic escapes you.
    You just keep telling yourself that Tom, since you don't even seem to understand that the only change you've made to your system that resulted in your recent results was the vent filter.

If you'd simply added your crossover tube, your current results might actually count towards proving your "logic", but facts are facts, that ISN'T what you did.

And I'm glad to hear that your oil consumption has supposedly decreased, just as glad as I'd be to hear that from ANYONE who owns a VX with the oil consumption problem, but it's obvious that your quest to prove that you're never wrong about anything (jokingly of course ) is obviously clouding the objectivity of your original project results...which logically...by your own admission...you haven't even completed yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Y33TREKker View Post
    ... the only change you've made to your system that resulted in your recent results was the vent filter.

And I'm glad to hear that your oil consumption has supposedly decreased ...
    UMMM, Nope. I'd already seen a 50% decrease in oil consumption when I added the catch can. There was still too much consumption for my taste so then I moved on to ensure maximum ventillation by adding the crossover tube or vent on the other side. Another significant decrease but still not enough.

Next I'll try Seafoam or Rotella before the oil change. It has become my personnal vendetta to find the cure (short of an engine rebuild).

& thanks for the kind words. I'm probably now back to the acceptable limit for Isuzu (1 qt every 1000 miles). I was burning a quart every 300 miles.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

UMMM, Nope. I'd already seen a 50% decrease in oil consumption when I added the catch can.
    You should have specified that in your post about your "success" then, because in the context of this thread, it's debatable that that's ALL you were implying in an effort to try to make the point you've been trying to make.

UMMM, Nope. I'd already seen a 50% decrease in oil consumption when I added the catch can. There was still too much consumption for my taste so then I moved on to ensure maximum ventillation by adding the crossover tube or vent on the other side. Another significant decrease but still not enough.

Next I'll try Seafoam or Rotella before the oil change. It has become my personnal vendetta to find the cure (short of an engine rebuild).

& thanks for the kind words. I'm probably now back to the acceptable limit for Isuzu (1 qt every 1000 miles). I was burning a quart every 300 miles.
    So how are you gauging your test results? Do you commute to work & burn through a tank every week? I wonder if one tank per experiment gives an accurate comparison... ? Do you think outside temp has anything to do with it? Like summer versus winter? I never did any tests regarding oil consumption or burn or whatever is going on.
    Sent from my "two hands on a keyboard"

Quote Originally Posted by ZEUS View Post
    So how are you gauging your test results? Do you commute to work & burn through a tank every week? I wonder if one tank per experiment gives an accurate comparison... ? Do you think outside temp has anything to do with it? Like summer versus winter? I never did any tests regarding oil consumption or burn or whatever is going on.
    I burn a tank every 3 days. Sorry but I don't have an accurate measuring system. I was putting a quart in once a week, now I'm putting a quart in every other week or a little longer.

Temps may very well have an impact on oil consumption. Mebbe this summer I'll take it back to OEM & record precise consumption rates as I put it back on one step at a time (assuming that I don't use some Rotella or SeaFoam before my next oil change.